|Born||Rajiv L. Gupta
December 23, 1945
|Known for||Former chairman, CEO, and president of Rohm and Haas|
Rajiv L. Gupta (born December 23, 1945) is an Indian-born American businessman, the former chairman, CEO, and president of Rohm and Haas
Rajiv L. Gupta was born on December 23, 1945 in Muzaffarnagar, India, the son of Phool Prakash and Rukmini Sahai.
He graduated in 1967 with a degree in mechanical engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Bombay. Gupta continued his studies going on to earn an M.S. degree in Operations Research in 1969 from Cornell University, and his M.B.A. in Finance from the Bennett S. LeBow College of Business at Drexel University in 1972.
He is the former chairman, CEO, and president of Philadelphia-based Rohm and Haas. In 1971 Gupta joined Rohm and Haas as a financial analyst. Working his way up in the company, Gupta was elected to the board of directors and named vice chairman in January 1999 and later became chairman and chief executive officer in October 1999. He assumed the additional title of president in early 2005. He left Rohm & Haas after its $15.3 billion acquisition by Dow in 2009.
In April 2005 the US Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce named Gupta as one of the top 10 most influential Asian Americans in business. In 2006 Gupta was named Drexel's 53rd Business Leader of the Year. Gupta has also served as the chairman for the American Chemistry Council and the Society of Chemical Industry, America Section.
In 2010 he was chairman of Avantor Performance Material based in Centre Valley, PA (near Bethlehem).
- "Rajiv L Gupta". Retrieved January 6, 2015.
- "Nooyi, Raj Gupta among top Asian Americans in business". Rediff. April 29, 2005. Retrieved January 14, 2008.
- "About Rohm and Haas: Governance and Leadership". Rohm and Haas. Archived from the original on December 17, 2007. Retrieved January 14, 2008.
- Paine, Tom (November 13, 2012). "Avantor, headed by ex-Rohm & Haas chief Gupta, sues IBM over troubled SAP implementation". Philly Tech News. Retrieved December 1, 2014.
- "Delphi Announces Board Changes". Delphi Automotive. February 5, 2015. Retrieved December 30, 2015.
- "Raj L Gupta". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved January 6, 2015.
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|