|Rajiv L. Gupta|
|Known for||Former Chairman, CEO, and president of Rohm and Haas|
Raj Gupta (full name Rajiv L Gupta) was born on 23 December 1945 in Muzaffarnagar, India by father Phool Prakash and mother Rukmini Sahai.
He graduated in 1967 with a degree in mechanical engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Bombay. Gupta continued his studies going on to earn an M.S. degree in Operations Research in 1969 from Cornell University, and his M.B.A. in Finance from the Bennett S. LeBow College of Business at Drexel University in 1972.
He is the former Chairman, CEO, and president of Philly-based Rohm and Haas. In 1971 Gupta joined Rohm and Haas as a financial analyst. Working his way up in the company, Gupta was elected to the Board of Directors and named Vice Chairman in January 1999 and later became Chairman and Chief Executive Officer on October 1, 1999. He also assumed the additional title of President in early 2005. He left Rohm & Haas after its $15.3 billion acquition by Dow in 2009.
On April 29, 2005 the US Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce named Gupta as one of the top 10 Most Influential Asian Americans in Business. In 2006 Gupta was named Drexel's 53rd Business Leader of the Year. Gupta has also served as the chairman for the American Chemistry Council and the Society of Chemical Industry, America Section.
In 2010 he was Chairman of Avantor Performance Material based in Centre Valley, PA (near Bethlehem).
Raj married to Kamal Varshney in 1968 and have two children. Raj along with his wife is a resident of Newtown square Pennsylvania.
- "Rajiv L Gupta". Retrieved 2015-01-06.
- "Nooyi, Raj Gupta among top Asian Americans in business". Rediff. April 29, 2005. Retrieved 2008-01-14.
- "About Rohm and Haas: Governance and Leadership". Rohm and Haas. Archived from the original on 2007-12-17. Retrieved 2008-01-14.
- Paine, Tom (November 13, 2012). "Avantor, headed by ex-Rohm & Haas chief Gupta, sues IBM over troubled SAP implementation". Philly Tech News. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- "Delphi Announces Board Changes". Delphi Automotive. 2015-02-05. Retrieved 2015-12-30.
- "Raj L Gupta". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2015-01-06.
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|