|Rajiv L. Gupta|
|Known for||Former CEO and president of Rohm and Haas|
Raj Gupta full name Rajiv L Gupta born on 23 December 1945 in Muzaffarnagar India in the family of (father) Phool Prakash and (Mother) Rukmini Sahai.
Raj is the former Chief executive officer and president of company Rohm and Haas.
Raj graduated in 1967 with a degree in mechanical engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Bombay. Gupta continued his studies going on to earn an M.S. degree in Operations Research in 1969 from Cornell University, and his M.B.A. in Finance from the Bennett S. LeBow College of Business at Drexel University in 1972.
On April 29, 2005 the US Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce named Gupta as one of the top 10 Most Influential Asian Americans in Business. In 2006 Gupta was named Drexel's 53rd Business Leader of the Year. Gupta has also served as the chairman for the American Chemistry Council and the Society of Chemical Industry, America Section.
He left Philly-based Rohm & Haas after its $15.3 billion acquition by Dow in 2009. Later in 2010 he was Chairman of Avantor Performance Material based in Centre Valley, PA (near Bethlehem).
Raj married to Kamal Varshney in 1968 and have two children. Raj along with his wife is a resident of Newtown square Pennsylvania.
- "Rajiv L Gupta". Retrieved 2015-01-06.
- "Nooyi, Raj Gupta among top Asian Americans in business". Rediff. April 29, 2005. Retrieved 2008-01-14.
- "About Rohm and Haas: Governance and Leadership". Rohm and Haas. Archived from the original on 2007-12-17. Retrieved 2008-01-14.
- Paine, Tom (November 13, 2012). "Avantor, headed by ex-Rohm & Haas chief Gupta, sues IBM over troubled SAP implementation". Philly Tech News. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- "Raj L Gupta". The wall street journal. Retrieved 2015-01-06.
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|