Raja the Great
|Raja The Great|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Anil Ravipudi|
|Produced by||Dil Raju|
(story /screenplay /dialogues)
|Music by||Sai Karthik|
|Edited by||Tammi Raju|
|Box office||₹50 crore |
Raja The Great is a 2017 Telugu Action comedy film, produced by Dil Raju on Sri Venkateswara Creations banner and directed by Anil Ravipudi. It features Ravi Teja and Mehreen Pirzada in the lead roles and music was composed by Sai Karthik. The film is a debut for Ravi Teja's son Mahadhan as child artist into film industry.
The film's production began in February 2017 and principal photography commenced in April 2017 in Hyderabad. The film was released worldwide on 18 October 2017. Upon release the film met with positive reviews and had a good run at the box office.
Lucky (Mehreen Pirzada) is a very protected and pampered daughter of a sincere police officer SP Prakash (Prakash Raj). In one of his operations, Prakash encounters a powerful rowdy sheeter Devaraj's (Vivan Bhatena) brother for which Lucky was one of the reasons. The angered Devaraj wants revenge and in the attack, Prakash gets killed and he also targets Lucky. Upset with this, Lucky runs away to Darjeeling and hides in her father's friend Prasad's (Rajendra Prasad) house to evade an attempt on her life. Now the police department looks out for a special team with an objective of security guard for Lucky.
On the other hand, Raja (Ravi Teja), a blind man, who's trained by his head constable mother Anantha Lakshmi (Raadhika) to use his disability to his advantage and her ambition is to make him a police officer. Ananta Lakshmi obliges with I.G. (Sampath Raj) to include her blind son in the mission after few incidents take place he agrees to send him but only to cook food for other officers. Raja with his friend Bujji (Srinivas Reddy) and three others go to Darjeeling. Raja meets lucky and starts changing the depressed lucky into the happy mood with few tricks. Meanwhile, he also solves Prasad's problem. Lucky comes out of depression and starts celebrating life with the help of Raja. Meanwhile, Devraj gets to know where Lucky is and orders his goons to attack her. Knowing this I.G. and his team comes to protect Lucky by sending her abroad but Raja tells her Don't run away let's fight, but I.G. neglects him and takes lucky away. Devraj's goons attack I.G. & his team on the way and try to kill Lucky but to everyone's surprise, Raja (who was trained in sword fight and Karate since childhood) rescues them by defeating goons.
Lucky gains confidence in Raja agrees to stay with him and fight back. Lucky and Raja go to her uncle's house, but her sadist uncles do not accept her initially. Raja teaches them a lesson and changes them. On Lucky's birthday, she gets to know what was her father wish (To educate poor girls by adopting them) and makes her father's wish as her ambition. Meanwhile, Devraj sends goons again but Raja defeats them. Raja challenges Devraj to come and meet him. Devraj comes to Lucky's house with his goons. Raja shows what he is and gives him a strong warning not to trouble Lucky again. Devraj kidnaps Raja's mother and Lucky. Raja, however, saves his mother and Lucky with his intelligence. Later, Lucky proposes to Raja.
Raja while escaping from Devraj's factory when he comes to rescue kidnapped lucky along with his friend Bujji, gathers evidence of Devraj's criminal and illegal activities which allows police to arrest Devraj. When the police come with a warrant, Devraj insults and underestimates Raja, which made Anantha Lakshmi angry and made a challenge with Devaraj to fight against her son. Raja fights with Devraj and defeat him but doesn't kill him. IG encounter's Devraj and involves Raja in future police operations. Raja and Lucky get married and live happily ever after.
- Ravi Teja as Raja
- Mehreen Pirzada as Lucky
- Srinivasa Reddy as Bujji
- Raadhika as Constable Anantha Lakshmi
- Vivan Bhatena as Devaraj
- Rajendra Prasad as Prasad
- Prakash Raj as SP Prakash
- Sampath Raj as I.G.
- Tanikella Bharani as Mailaramgadda
- Saikumar as Surya Murthy
- Posani Krishna Murali as Lucky's uncle
- Ali as Kabaddi Team
- Raghu Babu as S.I.Babu Rao
- Pruthviraj as Bank Manager Babji
- Jaya Prakash Reddy as Devraj's henchmen
- Banerjee as Kung fu couch
- Ravi Prakash as Police Officer
- Bharath Reddy as Police Officer
- Rajiv Kanakala as Police Officer
- Mousumi Saha as Anila Devi
- Satyam Rajesh as Lucky's uncle
- Sampoornesh Babu as Peter (cameo appearance)
- Prabhas Seenu as Lucky's uncle
- Raghu Karumanchi as Kabadi Team
- Saptagiri as Seenu (cameo appearance)
- Surya as Raja's father
- Gautham Raju as Sahayam
- Ramachandra as Swamiji
- Chitram Seenu as Lucky's uncle
- Racha Ravi
- Thagubothu Ramesh as Sastry (cameo appearance)
- Jabardasth Chandra as Bank Cashier Siddharth
- Bithiri Sathi as Kabadi Team
- Annapurna as Prasad's mother
- Pavitra Lokesh as Gayatri
- Hari Teja as Lucky's aunt
- Surekha Vani as Lucky's aunt
- Vidyullekha Raman as Pandu
- Sana as Lucky's aunt
- Rajitha as I.G.'s wife
- Karate Kalyani as Servant Saraswathi
- Master Mahadhan as Young Raja
- Raashi Khanna as a special appearance
|Raja The Great|
|Film score by Sai Karthik|
|Released||4th October 2017|
|Sai Karthik chronology|
Music composed by Sai Karthik. Music released on Aditya Music Company. Raja The Great (Title Song) was released online, for which Ravi Teja gave his voice.
|1.||"Raja The Great"||Shyam Kasarla||Ravi Teja, L.V.Revanth, K. Saketh||3:42|
|2.||"Nake Ne Nachestunna"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Sameera Bharadwaj, M.L.Shruti||3:21|
|3.||"Chinnari"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Hari Charan, Divija Kartheek||3:10|
|4.||"Allabe Allabe"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Yazin Nizar||3:00|
|5.||"Yenniyalo Yenniyalo"||Shyam Kasarla||Sai Karthik||4:03|
- Raja The Great first week box office collection: Ravi Teja's film crosses Rs 45 crore mark in 8 days
- "Raja the Great (Ravi Teja's Next Project)". Deccan Chronicle.
- "Raja the Great (Heroine)". Deccan Chronicle.
- "Raja the Great (Ravi Teja's Son Debut)". International Business Times.
- "Raja The Great final collections: Ravi Teja starrer grosses Rs 52 crore approximately"