Rajam, Andhra Pradesh
|• Type||Nagar Panchayat|
|• Body||Rajam Nagar Panchayat, SUDA|
|• Total||32.75 km2 (12.64 sq mi)|
|Elevation||61 m (200 ft)|
|• Density||1,300/km2 (3,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Rajam is located at 18.28N 83.40E. It has an average elevation of 42 meters (137 feet).
Government and politics
Rajam Nagar panchayat constituted in the year 2005. It is spread over an area of 27.65 km2 (10.68 sq mi) and has 20 election wards. Each represented by a ward member and the wards committee is headed by a chairperson. The present municipal commissioner of the town is P.Simhachalam.
- Grandhi Mallikarjuna Rao – founding chairman of GMR Group
- Pingali Nagendrarao - popular Telugu writer, movie script writer, lyricist
- "STATISTICAL INFORMATION OF ULBs & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. p. 1. Retrieved 24 April 2019.
- "Elevation for Rajam". Veloroutes. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "Srikakulam district mandals" (PDF). Census of India. The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. pp. 196, 217. Retrieved 18 May 2015.
- Falling Rain Genomics.Razam
- "The Constitution (Seventy-Fourth Amendment) Act, 1992". India Code. Ministry of Law and Justice, Legislative Department. Retrieved 5 November 2016.
- "Municipality Contacts". Archived from the original on 15 May 2015.