Rajamma @ Yahoo
|Rajamma @ Yahoo|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Reghu Rama Varma|
|Produced by||Shine Augustine|
T. C. Babu
|Written by||M. Sindhuraj|
|Edited by||Ranjan Abraham|
MTM Wellflow Productions
|Distributed by||LJ Films|
|Box office||₹5.5 crore (US$771,100) (21 days)|
Rajamma @ Yahoo (Read as: Rajamma at Yahoo) is a 2015 Malayalam comedy film directed by Reghu Rama Varma. It stars Kunchacko Boban and Asif Ali in lead roles. The film was released on 20 November 2015.
Two brothers – Michel Rajamma (Kunchacko Boban) known as Rajamma and Vishnu Yohannan (Asif Ali) known as Yahoo. They are born to the inter-caste couple Yohannan (Saiju Kurup) and Rajamma (Tessa), who fell in love during their college days. After the sudden demise of their parents, they live alone in their house, a bungalow under the care of Aimutty (Mamukkoya). After leading a carefree life, the duo plans to rent out parts of their bungalow to different families. One to a Yahoo's girlfriend, Naseema (Anusree) and family, another to Pavitran (Kalabhavan Shajon), a village officer and another to Sherin (Nikki Galrani), who came from Wayanad. The film follows Sherin and her problems, in which Rajamma and Yahoo intervenes.
- Kunchacko Boban as Michel Rajamma a.k.a. Rajamma
- Asif Ali as Vishnu Yohannan a.k.a. Yahoo
- Nikki Galrani as Sherlin (Voice : Nithuna Nevil Dinesh)
- Anusree as Naseema a.k.a. Nessi
- Renji Panicker as Mayor Abraham Pothen
- Kalabhavan Shajon as K. Pavithran Nair
- Mamukkoya as Aimoottikka
- Hareesh Perumanna as Thattukada Chandran
- Parvathy Nambiar as Najumma
- Kailash (actor) as Aby Thomas
- Sadiq as Manjapra Vasu
- Anil Murali as Kundara Surendran
- Saiju Kurup as Yohannan
- Sudheesh as Mohammed
- Ann Augustine as Babe
- Tessa Joseph as Rajamma
- Sneha Sreekumar as Indu
- Yoga Thinesh as Karindrum
- Muthumani as Mary Thomas
- Ramesh Thilak as David
- Karunakaran (actor) as Maher
- Bala Saravanan as Cailou
- Sanusha as Aisha
Rajamma @ Yahoo is the directorial debut of Raghu Rama Varma, the former assistant of director Lal Jose. The film was shot in Kozhikode. The script was penned by M. Sindhuraj. Produced by Ramesh Nambiar, Shine Augustine, Benny and T.C. Babu under the banner of MTM Wellflow Productions.
Anu James of International Business Times rated 2 out of 5 stars and said "The first half is interesting, but there are a few boring moments in the second part, making it just an average entertainer. There are a few moments that might make you laugh, but the film lacks a strong script. The chemistry between Kunchacko and Asif is impressive, but they could have done more if the film had a strong script", she also criticised the music. Navamy Sudhish of The New Indian Express stated "Though the film has a delightful first half, the post-interval part is in need of a little more briskness. The director and scenarist Sindhuraj have succeeded in making Rajamma a neat entertainer as the film is devoid of any melodrama or unbearable attempts at humour", and praised Kunchacko's performance. Akhila Menon of Filmibeat.com rated 2 out of 5 stars, she praised the lead performance and cinematography, but criticised the script, music and editing. She wrote "The first half was entertaining; while the second half and climax were weak and ineffective".
The film collected ₹1.78 crore (US$250,000) in 3 days of release and ₹3.14 crore (US$440,000) in 7 days.
Lyrics penned by Rafeeq Ahammed, Anil Panachooran, Santhosh Varma and D. B. Ajith Kumar have been tuned by Bijibal, who also scores the background score. Music released under the label Muzik247.
|2||"Ullathu Chonnaal"||Vineeth Sreenivasan, Sangeetha Sreekanth||3:39|
|3||"Ottathoval"||Ganesh Sundaram, Roopa Revathi||2:56|
- Aswini (28 November 2015). "ബോക്സോഫീസ് റിപ്പോര്ട്ട്: സുധിയും രാജമ്മയും ഒപ്പത്തിനൊപ്പം". Filmibeat.com. Retrieved 30 November 2015.
- Anu James (20 November 2015). "'Rajamma at Yahoo' review by audience: Live updates of Kunchacko Boban-Asif Ali movie". International Business Times. Retrieved 22 November 2015.
- P. K. Ajith Kumar (1 October 2015). "Two of a kind". Thiruvananthapuram. The Hindu. Retrieved 22 November 2015.
- Anu James (21 November 2015). "Rajamma at Yahoo review: Predictable, simple, average entertainer". International Business Times. Retrieved 22 November 2015.
- Navamy Sudhish (21 November 2015). "Rajamma@Yahoo: A Watchable Fare". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 22 November 2015.
- Akhila Menon (20 November 2015). "Rajamma @ Yahoo Movie Review: A Comedy With Flaws". Filmibeat.com. Retrieved 22 November 2015.
- Our Correspondent (12 November 2015). "Kunchacko-Asif Ali's 'Rajamma @ Yahoo' songs out". english.manoramaonline.com/]]. Retrieved 12 November 2015.