This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Rajan Biharilal Raheja|
1953 (age 64–65)
|Alma mater||Bombay University|
|Occupation||Chairman of Rajan Raheja Group|
|Net worth||US$3.0 billion (April 2017)|
|Parent(s)||Beharilal S. Raheja|
|Relatives||Chandru Raheja (cousin)|
Rajan Beharilal Raheja was born in 1953, the son of Dr. Beharilal S. Raheja.
Rajan Raheja started his career in the construction business. After building a huge presence in the realty market, his Rajan Raheja Group diversified into manufacturing, financial services and media — each venture initiated to assume leadership in core areas. The group is a major media player in India, being the owners of Outlook magazine. They also have a significant stake in the growing convergence business in India, through Asianet Satellite Communications Ltd. and Hathway Cable & Datacom Ltd. He is of Sindhi origin.
Rajan Raheja group companies
Starting as a construction and real estate development company, the Raheja group now covers a range of business ventures. They include:
- Prism Cement Ltd., with two cement units, has a combined production capacity of 6.0 million tonnes. Having two divisions namely
- H&R Johnson (India) Ltd., the top name in ceramic tiles in India.
- RMC Readymix (India) Pvt. Ltd. was set up in 1996 as a joint venture of the Raheja group with RMC Group Plc of the UK. It is now a division of Prism Cements Ltd. It operates 80 ready-mixed concrete plants in 27 cities/towns across India and is the third-largest concrete manufacturer in the country.
- Exide Industries : is the strongest brand of batteries in the automotive and industrial field. Indian largest battery manufacturer. The Company has a distribution network comprising over 4000 dealer outlets.The Company has a market share of 72% of Automotive OEM and 70% of Organized Retail. The Company also manufactures submarine batteries.
- Supreme Petrochem Ltd. is a joint venture of the Raheja group with Supreme Industries Ltd., the largest processor of plastic materials in India.
- Hathway cable & Datacom limited: Providing Cable TV services & Internet services.has extensive cable network in 13 major cities & towns across India.
- Outlook publications: is a leading left-wing weekly political news magazine in India
- Asianet Satellite Communications :owns and operates a fiber optic cable network in Kerala
- Raheja QBE : General insurance company
- JV with ING in financial services. Later fully acquired by Exide Industries.Now it is called Exide Life Insurance Company Limited.
Retail and wholesale
He is married to Suman, and they have two sons, Akshay and Viren, and live in Mumbai.
- "Rajan Raheja". Forbes. Retrieved 17 April 2017.
- Geoff Hiscock (2008). India's Global Wealth Club: The Stunning Rise of Its Billionaires and Their Secrets of Success. John Wiley & Sons. p. 193. ISBN 978-0-470-82238-8. Retrieved 17 April 2017.
- Geoff Hiscock (2008). India's Global Wealth Club: The Stunning Rise of Its Billionaires and Their Secrets of Success. John Wiley & Sons. p. 250. ISBN 978-0-470-82238-8. Retrieved 16 April 2017.
- Vora, Rutam (1 April 2016). "Tongue-tied in Sindhi". The Hindu. Retrieved 9 August 2016.
|This Indian business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|