Rajan and Sajan Mishra
Rajan (born 1951) and Sajan (born 1956) Misra were born and brought up in Varanasi. They received their initial musical training from their grandfather's brother, Bade Ram Das Ji Mishra, and also their father, Hanuman Prasad Mishra, and from their uncle, sarangi virtuoso, Gopal Prasad Mishra, and started performing while they were still in their teens. They moved to Ramesh Nagar in Delhi, in 1977, where they continue to live.
Rajanji moved to Delhi to be with his uncle the famous sarangi maestro . And took up a job with DCM. When the respected Sadguruji of the Namdhari sect heard both the brothers, he was very impressed and asked them to focus on their singing and not to waste time in doing anything else.The rest was history and they gave their first concert abroad, in Sri lanka in 1978, and soon they went on to perform in many countries across the world including, Germany, France, Switzerland, Austria, USA, UK, The Netherlands, USSR, Singapore, Qatar, Bangladesh and Muscat.
They were awarded following awards:
- Padma Bhushan in 2007,
- Sangeet Natak Akademi Award, jointly in 1998,
- Gandharwa National Award for 1994–1995
- National Tansen Samman 2011–2012 on 14 December 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rajan and Sajan Mishra.|
- on YouTube
- HT Live, Hindustan Times, September 15, 2011. p. 4.
- Rajan-Sajan Misra
- Mishra Brothers Indian Performing Arts Association of Charlotte. they also have there show at bml munjal university.
- Awardees Padma Bhushan Official list.
- An Interview The Hindu, March 17, 2007.
- Awards - Hindustani Music - Vocal Sangeet Natak Akademi Official website.