Rajasthan Public Service Commission
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
राजस्थान लोक सेवा आयोग
|Formed||22 December 1949|
|Headquarters||Ghoogra Ghati, Ajmer|
The Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) is a body with authority under the Constitution of India to select applicants for appointment to civil service jobs in the Indian state of Rajasthan according to the merits of the applicants and the rules of reservation. It advises the government of Rajasthan on all matters relating to the rules of recruitment, appointment, transfer, promotion, professional standards and disciplinary action of civil servants. In this capacity, the commission organizes recruitment procedures, competitive examinations and screening tests, and candidate interview boards for the appointment of officers to civil service and civil posts within the state.
The RPSC commenced its operations in 1949, when Rajasthan came into existence as a state. The commission has eight members who are supported and advised by the commission's secretariat staff. Its offices are located in Ajmer.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2022)
20 अगस्त 1949 को इसकी स्थापना जयपुर में की गई परन्तु राज्य पुनर्गठन के बाद सत्यनारायण राव समिति की सिफारिश पर इसे अजमेर स्थानांतरित कर दिया गया
The RPSC is responsible for recruitment to various departments of the Rajasthan government and associated agencies, including all officers of the Rajasthan Administrative Service (RAS) and the Rajasthan Police Service (RPS). Since 2014, recruitment of the Clerical cadre has been delegated to the Rajasthan Subordinate and Ministerial Services Selection Board (RSMSSB) by authority of the "Rajasthan Public Service Commission (Limitation of Functions) Regulation, 1951". Selection for RAS, RPS, Rajasthan Technical Services, and Rajasthan Subordinate Services is made through competitive examination or interviews—or most commonly, by both—organized by the RPSC. The RPSC office is located at Jaipur road, Ajmer, Rajasthan.
- List of Public service commissions in India
- Bhupendra Yadav, Director General of Police of Rajasthan, in the Indian Police Service
- Rajasthan Public Service Commission. "Commission Organization". rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in (in Hindi and English). government of Rajasthan. Retrieved 16 January 2022.
- Rajasthan Public Service Commission, Research Section (2020). 70th Annual Report: 2019-2020. rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in (Report). Government of Rajasthan. Retrieved 16 January 2022.
- Rajasthan Public Service Commission (25 February 2020). "Profile". RPSC (in Hindi and English). Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- Dhingra, Sanya (30 October 2018). "Rajasthan OBCs angry as they need more marks than general category to enter civil service". The Print.
- RSMSSB. "Rajasthan Subordinate and Ministerial Services Selection Board: About Us". rsmssb.rajasthan.gov.in. Jaipur: Government of Rajasthan. Retrieved 16 January 2022.
- "Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC)". News18. 17 July 2012. Retrieved 26 February 2020.