Rajasthan Technical University
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Chancellor||Sh. Kalyan Singh|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. N.P. Kaushik|
|Location||Kota, Rajasthan, India, India|
Rajasthan Technical University (RTU) is an affiliating university in Kota in the state of Rajasthan, India. It was established in 2006 by the Government of Rajasthan to enhance technical education in the state.
RTU is on the campus of the University Engineering College, Kota, previously Engineering College of Kota and now University Teaching Department which is now an autonomous institute.
The university affiliates about 130 engineering colleges, 4 B.Arch colleges, 41 MCA colleges, 95 MBA colleges, 44 M.Tech colleges and 03 hotel management and catering institutes. More than 2.5 lakh students study in the institutes affiliated to the university.
The university offers Bachelor of Technology, Master of Technology, Master of Business Administration, Master of Computer Applications, and Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology.
Prof.N. P. Kaushik is the vice chancellor. The dean of academics is H. D. Charan, a top faculty of the department of civil engineering of RTU. Professor Rajesh Singhal is the chief warden of the hostels. Sanjeev Mishra head of the Department of Mechanical Engineering studied from BITS Pilani and former registrar of RTU. All admission process for B.Tech/BE, M.Tech, PhD are conducted through REAP.
Rajasthan Technical University is on the campus of University Engineering College, Kota (formerly Engineering College, Kota). The lush green campus is at the bank of river Chambal in an area of more than 385 acres.
The campus is on the Rawatbhata Road, about 14 km from Kota Railway Station and 10 km from Kota bus stand. It is approximately 500 kilometres (310 mi) from New Delhi, and about 250 kilometres (160 mi) from the state capital Jaipur.
RTU is an affiliating university. Its affiliated colleges offer the degrees of Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech), Master of Technology (M.Tech), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Computer Applications (MCA) and Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT).
As of April 2011[update], RTU affiliates 202 colleges. B.Tech degrees are offered at nine government aided institutes and 109 are private ones. MBA degrees are offered at seven government aided institutes and 122 are private ones.
MCA degrees are offered in at seven government aided institutes and 25 are private ones. M.Tech is offered in 24 colleges and BHMCT in four colleges. In addition, two colleges offer Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) degrees.
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Humanities and English Studies
- Information Technology Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nano Technology
- Petroleum Engineering
- Petrochemical Engineering
- Production & Industrial Engineering
- Physics Studies
- Management Studies
- Prof. Sanjeev Mishra(Head of Department)
- Prof S.K. Rathore
- Prof Sandeep Kumar Parashar
- Prof R. Shringi
Centre of Nanotechnology
The Center of Nanotechnology was established in RTU from session 2012-13, for research and development in the area of nanotechnology. Programmes in M.Tech. Nanotechnology (Structures) and M.Tech. Nanotechnology (Electro Mechanical), were commenced in the centre from session 2012-13. Presently 15 students of II semester and 10 students of IV semester are studying the M.Tech. Nanotechnology (Electro Mechanical) programme.
- "Courses Offered - Rajasthan Technical University, Kota". rtu.ac.in. 2011. Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- "B.Tech Affiliated Colleges - Rajasthan Technical University, Kota". rtu.ac.in. Archived from the original on 1 July 2012. Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- "MBA Affiliated Colleges - Rajasthan Technical University, Kota". rtu.ac.in. Archived from the original on 10 December 2010. Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- "MCA Affiliated Colleges - Rajasthan Technical University, Kota". rtu.ac.in. Archived from the original on 11 December 2010. Retrieved 30 October 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rajasthan Technical University.|