Rajasthan Technical University
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010)|
|Chancellor||His Excellency Sh. Kalyan Singh, (Honb'le Governor)|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. N.S. Vyas|
|Location||Kota, Rajasthan, India, India|
RTU is an affiliating university. Its affiliated colleges offer the degrees of Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech), Master of Technology (M.Tech), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Computer Applications (MCA) and Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT).
As of April 2011[update], RTU affiliates 202 colleges. B.Tech degrees are offered at nine government aided institutes and 109 are private ones. MBA degrees are offered at seven government aided institutes and 122 are private ones. MCA degrees are offered in at seven government aided institutes and 25 are private ones. M.Tech is offered in 24 colleges and BHMCT in four colleges. In addition, two colleges offer Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) degrees. Rajasthan University Publishes Courses Results Semester wise.
Departments of UCE
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Humanities and English
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nano Technology
- Petroleum Engineering
- Management Studies
[[  (Source) ]] (Source)
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (June 2014)|
Centre of Nano-Technology
- In compliance with the declaration of Hon’ble Chief Minister in his budget speech and subsequently with reference to the office order dt. 25-05-2012, Center of Nanotechnology was established in RTU from session 2012-13.
- The centre was started as an independent centre for the advancement of knowledge and to
contribute meaningfully through research and development in the area of Nanotechnology. For this, the centre was initially to started Post Graduate Studies and Research in the area of Nanotechnology.
- Two M.Tech. Programmes, namely M.Tech. Nanotechnology (Structures) and M.Tech.
Nanotechnology (Electro Mechanical), were commenced in the centre from session 2012-13. In the centre, presently 15 students of II semester and 10 students of IV semester are studying in M.Tech. Nanotechnology (Electro Mechanical) programme.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2012)|
Rajasthan Technnical university from it's establishmant has came under many controversies some of them are following :-
1) A report highlighted that answer sheets of mechanical engineering branch of Kota Government Engineering College was found in a store house of Ajmer government engineering college unchecked on February 3, 2015 . The answer sheets were of final year students of academic session 2010 and the results of which were announced on time then.
2)RTU is among the very few universities which promote students up to the eighth semester even without clearing subjects in the previous semesters. It permits students to clear back papers in four years. It has high drop out rate.
3) This university has 154 engineering colleges with 62,500 seats in 27 different branches of engineering. It is among the few state universities in India which admits students with average marks which has dented the image of the university which is already facing a faculty crunch and poor placement record. In the year 2013 Almost 50% of students fail to clear one or more exam in each and every semester. That year, 32,950 students appeared in the first semester exam of which 13,704 managed to clear all the papers. Around 58% students moved to the next semester without clearing one or more paper.
4)Ths students re offered rebacks inengineering subjects upto 6 to 7 years and it is said by some students that checking of answer sheet in RTU is not very good. Declaration of result is also too late.
5) It was unmanageable to manage such huge amount of colleges and institutes so Bikaner Technical University was formed.The BTU was aimed at handling technical institutes of 12 districts in western Rajasthan. RTU has 154 engineering and 91 management colleges. The role of BTU was to diversify technical education by introducing courses and research programmes which are viable in the region.Since the new government(Bhartiya Janta Party) came and the BTU started facing the indifference. The BJP government initially had put it on review citing that they will see the feasibility of the university. Later in April they passed an order stating that the university is called off till they issue fresh orders.
7) Like Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University has been awarded as Grade 'A' by NAAC no such grade is awarded to RTU.
9) Almost half of the total number of students has failed in one or more subjects either in their current or previous semesters.
10) It is among the few state universities in India which admits students with average marks which has dented the image of the university which is already facing a faculty crunch and poor placement record.
11) University college of engineering has no Labs as per AICTE norms.It is being complained by many students pursuing Master of technology course and doctoral course that their is lack of instruments in the labs
12) The perception amongst students is that these colleges are not conductive to a corporate environment deemed necessary for their growth and good placements. The colleges also dont offer the popular branches of engineerinng like aviation, nano technology, automobile and petroleum to name a few. Inspite of the introduction of much needed soft skill programmes to the courses, there have been very few takers for these.There is also the matter of strict competition from the 34 private universities which offer B.Tech courses and are perceived to be more better than the Government ones.
13) On 21 June 2014 The first counselling session of the RTU affliated engineering colleges has been given a miss by many students who have cleared the RPET exam leaving around 30,000 vacant seats. Out of the 75,000 eligible students, only 24,000 have appeared for the counselling raising a huge question mark about the survival of many engineering colleges in the state. Out of the 150 engineering colleges only 8 have got a good response with 100% admissions. Around 30 colleges have just managed single digit admissions.
14) RTU has 154 engineering colleges and not a single college has achieved 100% success rate.
- "Courses Offered - Rajasthan Technical University, Kota". rtu.ac.in. 2011. Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- "B.Tech Affiliated Colleges - Rajasthan Technical University, Kota". rtu.ac.in. Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- "MBA Affiliated Colleges - Rajasthan Technical University, Kota". rtu.ac.in. Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- "MCA Affiliated Colleges - Rajasthan Technical University, Kota". rtu.ac.in. Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- "RTU Kota Results 2014". rtu.ac.in.
- Dainik Bhaskar Kota, 12/aug/2015 page 2 "Lab nahi aur RTU karwa rahi Phd"