Rajasthan University of Health Sciences
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||स्वास्थ्य सेवा राष्ट्र सेवा|
|Established||25 February 2005|
|Chancellor||Hon'ble Governor of Rajasthan|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. Raja Babu Panwar|
Sector-18, Kumbha Marg, Pratap Nagar Tonk Road, Jaipur, India|
|Campus||Urban , Multiple|
Rajasthan University of Health Sciences is a State university located in Pink City Jaipur, Rajasthan, India. It was established on 25 February 2005 under The Rajasthan University of Health Sciences (Act of Rajasthan Vidhan Sabha), 2005 (Act No. 1 of 2005) and started functioning on January 2006.It has its own college and acts as affliating university to all Government & Society run [Also supports them in academic and research purposes] and some privately run medical colleges in Rajasthan.
In 2005, Rajasthan Vidhan Sabha passed the act which replaced Rajasthan University as affliating university to Government medical colleges in the western state of Rajasthan. Dr. P. P. S. Mathur, Senior Professor, Neurosurgery and Medical Superintendent, Sawai Man Singh Hospital, Jaipur served as the first Vice-Chancellor of the university. He was succeeded by Dr. Ashok Panagariya. It established its own university college in the year 2014 which goes by the same name. Earlier it functioned only as affliating university.
The university runs the following undergraduate and postgraduate courses:
- Medical courses: postgraduate education in medical studies, MBBS, Diploma courses.
- Dental courses: MDS, BDS.
- Nursing courses: M.Sc., B.Sc. Nursing, Post basic B.Sc. nursing
- Paramedical science courses
- Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy courses, B.A.S.L.P.(Bachelor in Audiology & Speech Language Pathology)
- Pharmacy courses: D. Pharm, B. Pharm and M.Pharm.
The following are affiliated to the university:
8 Medical colleges, 10 UG Dental colleges (BDS), 4 Postgraduate dental colleges (MDS), 43 B.Sc. Nursing Colleges, 2 M.Sc. Nursing Colleges, 6 Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Colleges, 41 Pharmacy colleges (B. Pharmacy), 27 Pharmacy (D. Pharma), 30 Bachelor of Physiotherapy Colleges (BPT) and 4 M.Pharma colleges, with Bachelor of Occupational Therapy College (BOT), B.SC. Radiation Technology College, Post Basic Diploma In Oncology Nursing College, B.SC. (HONS.) ,Ophthalmic Technology College .
University Medical College:
- RUHS College Of Medical Sciences, Jaipur
Government Medical Colleges :
- SMS Medical College, Jaipur (Estd.1947)
- Sardar Patel Medical College, Bikaner (Estd.1959)
- Rabindranath Tagore Medical College, Udaipur (Estd.1961)
- Dr. S.N. Medical College, Jodhpur (Estd.1965)
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer (Estd.1965)
- Government Medical College, Kota (Estd.1992)
Society Medical Colleges :
- Jhalawar Medical College, Jhalawar
- Rajmata Vijya Raje Scindia Medical College , Bhilwara
- Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Medical College , Churu
- Medical College , Pali
- Medical College , Sikar
- Medical College , Dungarpur
- Medical College , Bharatpur
- Medical College , Barmer
Private Medical College :
American Institute of Medical Sciences , Rajsamand
- G.D Memorial College of Pharmacy, Jodhpur.
- Alwar pharmacy college alwar M.I.A , Alwar.
- Shrinathji Institute of Pharmacy (SIP), Nathdwara, Rajsamand.
Post-basic B.Sc. nursing colleges
- Government College of Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing, Jaipur
- Annapurana Medical Training Institute (College of Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing)
- Government Medical college, Jodhpur
- Government College of Nursing, Jaipur
- Bhagwan Mahaveer Cancer Hospital & Research Centre, Jaipur
- Government college of Nursing, Udaipur
- Institute of Medical Technology and Nursing Education, Seetapura, Jaipur.
- S G Nursing college, Bhinmal, Jalore.
- "history". rajasthan university of health sciences. Retrieved 24 November 2011.
- "Rajasthan University for Health Sciences". www.ruhsraj.org. Retrieved 2018-09-24.
- "RUHS Medical College Jaipur: Admission, Fees, Courses, NEET Cut off". Edufever. 2017-10-31. Retrieved 2018-09-24.
- "Courses". Ruhs. Retrieved 26 November 2011.
- "Govt. Medical Colleges". education.rajasthan.gov.in. Retrieved 2018-09-24.
- "Society Medical Colleges (Including Raj-MES)". education.rajasthan.gov.in. Retrieved 2018-09-24.