|Directed by||Janaki Soundar|
|Produced by||S. Soundara Pandian|
|Written by||Janaki Soundar|
|Edited by||M. N. Raja|
Sri Masani Amman Movies
|5 August 1995|
Rajavin Parvaiyile (transl. In Raja's Sight) is a 1995 Indian Tamil-language romantic drama film, directed by Janaki Soundar, starring Vijay, Indraja, (in her Tamil debut), and Ajith Kumar. This was the only film to feature Vijay and Ajith Kumar together. The film, which featured music composed by Ilaiyaraaja, was released in August 1995.
Raja (Vijay) is the son of a poor family, and his only aim in life is to study to get a good job. Meanwhile, Gowri (Indraja), the daughter of the richest man of the village, falls in love with Raja, but he keeps shunning her and getting away from her. She decides to know the reason for his behaviour. Raja narrates a flashback story of his friend Chandru's (Ajith Kumar) unsuccessful love story with Shanthi (Gayathri), and ended up committing suicide after his lover's marriage, so he hates love. Raja later falls in love with Gowri; meanwhile issues of class arise in the village, but finally Raja and Gowri overcome all the issues and unite.
- Vijay as Raja
- Indraja as Gowri
- Ajith Kumar as Chandru
- Gayathri Shastry as Shanthi
- Janagaraj as Pannaiyar
- Vadivelu as Arivazhagan
- Vadivukkarasi as Rassamma
- Sathyapriya as Pannaiyar's wife
- Charuhasan as Shanthi's father
- Kumarimuthu as Kamalakannan
- Venniradai Moorthy as Schoolteacher
- Singamuthu as Schoolteacher
- Magima as Schoolteacher
The film notably featured Vijay and Ajith Kumar together at an early stage of their careers, with the pair later going on to become two superstars with huge fan base working in the Indian Tamil film industry.
|1||"Oru Sudar Iru Sudar"||Mano, S. Janaki||5:14|
|2||"Amman Koyil Ellamae"||Arun Mozhi||5:12|
|4||"Ammanuke Adanki"||Vadivelu, Chorus||4:59|
|5||"Ival Yaaro Vaanvittu"||Arun Mozhi, S. Janaki||5:16|
- "ராஜாவின் பார்வையிலே". Dina Thanthi. 5 August 1995.
- "Many Stars but one movie - 2 - Tamil Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 22 April 2010. Retrieved 23 April 2012.
- "Ajith and Vijay – renewing bond of friendship!!". Chennai365. 6 November 2007. Retrieved 23 April 2012.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|