|Principal||Dr. Sanjay Malhotra|
|Address||Mahatma Gandhi Road , Raja Garden , New Delhi - 110015 ( West Campus ), New Delhi, India
|Affiliations||University of Delhi|
Rajdhani College (Hindi: राजधानी कॉलेज) is a constituent College of the University of Delhi. It was established in 1964 by the Delhi Administration under the name of Government College. The College acquired its new name when the Delhi Administration vested its governance in an autonomous governing body. Rajdhani College is West Campus College
The College is situated on Mahatma Gandhi Marg (Ring Road), near the posh area of Rajouri Garden and Raja Garden in west Delhi. Its new building was constructed in 1976-77. The College complex has an air conditioned seminar room, an auditorium, a library, laboratories, and playgrounds for cricket, football, hockey, tennis, basketball, and volleyball.
The College is a pioneer coeducational institution and imparts teaching in Undergraduate Courses - Honours in Arts, Commerce and Science and Pass Course in Arts and Science. The College also has Post-Graduate Courses in English, Hindi, History and Commerce.
As the national capital, New Delhi is the seat of executive, legislative, and judiciary branches of the Government of India. It also serves as the centre of the Government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi. New Delhi is situated within the metropolis of Delhi and is one of the nine districts of Delhi Union Territory.
The University has two campuses in the northern and southern part of the city. Rajdhani College is situated on Mahatma Gandhi Marg (Ring Road), in West Delhi, near the posh area of Rajouri Garden and Raja Garden.
- For a newcomer, auto-rickshaws are the most effective means of transport, though they are slightly expensive.
- Nearest Bus Stop Rajdhani College Bus Stop,in the front of the college.
- An extremely efficient Metro system connects Rajouri Garden and Ramesh Nagar on Delhi Metro Blue Line with Eastern, Central, and Western parts of the Delhi. Employees' State Insurance (ESI) Hospital Metro station is under-construction on upcoming Delhi Metro Magenta Line, connecting Northern, and Southern parts of the Delhi.
- Buses are economical and go everywhere; However, one needs at least a month to figure out routes. Once the session starts at various colleges, dedicated Delhi Transport Corporation buses ferry students from various parts of Delhi to the campuses.
The lush green campus has an impressive environment friendly and energy efficient profile. Intelligent buildings having minimal environmental degradation has an optimal effect on the holistic environment for learning.Rich in natural flora and fauna to begin with, the campus' green cover has been maintained and even increased over the years.It is special both in terms of its physical beauty and location—a place where you can be away from the busy world, yet still be a part of it. Education and research are the twin pillars of this institute and the ambiance is one in which new ideas and creativity can flourish.
Rajdhani College offers courses in a wide variety of subjects and concentrations. The depth and breadth of the syllabus are very vast, extending well beyond course offerings to many other special programs and research opportunities.The Honours programmes offered by the varsity for a wide spectrum of subjects are highly sought after by students from all over the country:
- B.Com (Hons.)
- B.A. (Hons.) English
- B.A. (Hons.) Hindi
- B.A. (Hons.) Sanskrit
- B.A. (Hons.) History
- B.A. (Hons.) Political Science
- B.A. (Hons.) Economics
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Physics
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Electronics
- B.A. Programme
- B.Sc. Programme in Physical Sciences
- B.Sc. Programme in Applied Physical Sciences
At Post Graduate level, Rajdhani College offers courses in English, Hindi, History and Commerce.
The College Library is one of our most significant assets, which has an online cataloguing system that provides access to library resources.All our books are coded through dedicated software and are easily accessible through computers in the library and the departments. The Library has web activity and a subscription to 29 electronic databases. In addition to this 20 more databases are also accessible through UGC-INFONET Digital Library Consortium. The Library also promotes Open Access e-resources. Rajdhani College has one of the best libraries in DU, having thousands of books, systematically arranged and well kept.
The college has a spacious air-conditioned auditorium which is used for organizing various cultural events and is regularly used for cultural activities throughout the year. Located on the ground floor of the Arts Block the Auditorium has seats for 200 people. It has a wonderful acoustics and warm & welcoming ambiance. It is a perfect venue for musical, dance and theatre performances, film screenings, lectures, conferences, workshops, and farewell parties.
The college has a modern and spacious cafeteria to serve refreshments at regulated / controlled rates, with sitting arrangements both inside and outside the cafe. It can accommodate more than 80 students at a time. This is where the action and fun is! Students can eat good and hygienic food at reasonable prices. It is also a place where students from all the streams meet, interact and share.
In order to satisfy the appetites of the students and to give them a break after (during lunch hour), the College has provided a relaxing and comfortable place to students in cafeteria. The canteen not only provides the students of the campus with mouth watering dishes like ‘Samosa’, ‘Gulab-Jamun’, ‘Sandwich’, ‘Maggie’, ‘Thali’ etc. Generally the canteen remains the center of attraction during sports or cultural activities.
- Ashish Nehra for Cricket, National Cricket Team
- Sanjay Thapar for National Champion in sky diving, 1st Indian to jump on the North Pole, World Champion in Sky Diving
- Devendra Sharma for Cricket Umpire
- Aakash Chopra for Cricket - Dilip Trophy, Ranji Trophy, National Cricket Team.
A few teachers who are famous for their respective contribution in the field of sports are:
- Dr. Ram Babu Gupta (Cricket Umpire - International)
- Dr. Dharmendra Nath (Scouting)
- Dr. S. B. L Sharma (Mountaineering)
- Dr. Anil Kumar Kalkal (Athletics - High Jump, International Meet)
Media and Journalism
- Dibang for NDTV, Star News, ABP News
- Harpal Singh with Aaj Tak
- Sanchita Sharma with Hindustan Times
- Mr. Sanjeev Gupta with Dainik Jagaran
- Ms. Kavita Dalal with Financial Express
- Balbir Punj as a Member of Parliament
- Mala Ram Gangwalas a Member of Legislative Assembly, Delhi
- Suresh Yadav as a Member, Municipal Corporation of Delhi
Art and culture
The following teachers showed excellence in the respective specializations:
- Tara Balgopal as a Dancer
- Rajinder Nath as a Drama Director
- Dr. R. K. Shukla in Sanskrit Poetry
- Dr. R. S. Srivastava as a Hindi Novelist
- Dr. Govind Chatak as a Hindi Dramatist Lexicographer
- Dr. Dharmendra Nath for Urdu Poetry
- Education in Delhi
- List of colleges under Delhi University
- List of alumni of the University of Delhi
- Educational Institutions in Delhi
- Delhi University Community Radio