This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|MP of Rajya Sabha for Maharashtra|
3 April 2012
13 September 1959 |
Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Known for||Chairman of Indian Premier League|
Rajeev Shukla (born 13 September 1959) is the chairman of Indian Premier League, an Indian journalist, political commentator, television host He is a Member of Parliament since 2000. He serves as secretary of the All India Congress Committee. Following the scandal over alleged corruption and spot-fixing in the IPL, Shukla resigned as its chairman on 1 June 2013. In 2015, Shukla again appointed unanimously as the Chairman of IPL by the BCCI amid the 2013 fixing controversy.
Rajiv Shukla was born on 13 September 1959 in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. Before entering politics, he was a reporter for Hindi daily Jansatta. Shukla held this job until 1985, when he became a special correspondent for Ravivar Magazine. As his skills grew, he became the anchorman for Rubaru, a highly-popular television news show. The Observer group of newspapers hired him as a senior editor, and he continued in that job until being elected to the Rajya Sabha in 2000. He has now joined the Indian National congress. According to some sources, he was not so successful at the beginning; however, when he started power-brokering in early 90s, he gained power and influence in higher rank politicians.
Running as a member of the Akhil Bhartiya Loktantrik Congress Party, Shukla won by a large margin. In 2003, his party merged with the Indian National Congress, and Shukla was appointed as a congress party spokesperson. He was nominated as a secretary to the All India Congress Committee in January 2006. In March 2006, Shukla was elected for a second term.
- Founder and Director of BAG Films Limited
- Secretary of Uttar Pradesh Cricket Association
- Manager of the Indian Cricket Team.
- Chairman of IPL
- "Rajiv Shukla resigns as IPL chairman". ESPNcricinfo. 2013-06-01. Retrieved 2013-06-01.
- "Rajiv Shukla resigns as IPL chairman". The Hindu. 2013-06-01. Retrieved 2013-06-01.
- Rajeev Shukla Profile
- Ramakrishan, Venkitesh (15 April 2000). "Convulsions in Uttar Pradesh". Frontline. Retrieved 28 October 2006.
- Ramaseshan, Radhika (7 January 2006). "Rahul Awaits Popular Demand". The Telegraph. Retrieved 29 October 2006.
6A. http://india.gov.in/govt/rajyasabhampbiodata.php?mpcode=175 << The page that you are looking for does not exist as of now>>