|Born||10 October 1967|
|Alma mater||Manipal Institute of Technology |
|Occupation||CEO of Nokia Corporation|
|Home town||New Delhi|
Nina Suri (m. 1992)
Rajeev Suri (born 10 October 1967) is a Singaporean Indian business executive and the chief executive officer of Nokia. Before the current assignment in May 2016, he was the CEO of Nokia Solutions and Networks from 2015 and held various positions in Nokia since 1995. Suri became the CEO of Nokia when the sale of Nokia's phone division to Microsoft Mobile was completed, replacing Stephen Elop.
Rajeev Suri was born on 10 October 1967 in New Delhi, India. He is a Singaporean citizen and is based in Espoo, Finland. Rajeev Suri has a Bachelor's of Engineering (Electronics and Communications) from Manipal Institute of Technology.
In his more than 20 years of international experience, Rajeev has worked in roles comprising strategy and M&A, product marketing, sales, major account leadership, regional and business unit leadership and has lived in Middle East, Asia, Africa and Europe. He worked for multinational corporations in India and Nigeria before joining Nokia in 1995.
On 23 November 2011, Suri announced that the company planned to eliminate 17,000 jobs by the end of 2013 to enable NSN to refocus on mobile broadband equipment, the fastest-growing segment of the market. The reductions would slash the company's work force by 23 percent from 74,000. The cuts followed NSN's $1.2 billion purchase of Motorola's mobile network equipment business in July 2010, which added staff; and would help the company trim annual operating expenses by $1.35 billion by the end of 2013.
On 29 April 2014, Suri was appointed as the CEO of Nokia. This was after Nokia had bought back full control of NSN and sold Nokia's phone division to Microsoft Mobile. Suri is the second non-Finnish CEO of Nokia after Stephen Elop.
- "Nokia: I0ndia-born Rajeev Suri tipped to become next global CEO - Moneycontrol.com". moneycontrol.com.
- "Meet Rajeev Suri, the new Chief Executive Officer of Nokia". IANS. news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 29 April 2014.
- -ceo-2009-09-01 "Nokia Siemens Networks appoints Rajeev Suri CEO" Check
|url=value (help). Wall Street Journal. 1 September 2015. Retrieved 24 November 2011.
- named-Nokia-Siemen.html "Waqar Ahmed named Nokia Siemens CEO" Check
|url=value (help). Live Mint. 1 September 2009. Retrieved 24 November 2011.
- "Nokia Solutions and Networks - Rajeev Suri Biography". Archived from the original on 1 July 2014.
- "Nokia Group Leadership Team". Nokia. Archived from the original on 2014-05-01. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- O'Brien, Kevin J. (23 November 2011). "Nokia Siemens to Cut 23 Percent of Work Force". New York Times. Retrieved 24 November 2011.
- "We are number 1 gearmaker in India: Rajeev Suri, CEO, Nokia Siemens Networks". Economic Times. 18 May 2011. Retrieved 24 November 2011.
- Philip, Joji Thomas (5 October 2010). "Turnaround has resulted in PE interest: Rajeev Suri, CEO, Nokia Siemens". Economic Times. Retrieved 2 December 2011.
- Antti Miettinen; Petri Sajari (4 May 2014). "Nokian toimitusjohtajalihasliikkeen+mies/a1399084848829". Helsingin Sanomat (in Finnish).
- "Rajeev Suri". Retrieved 24 November 2011.
- "Bloomberg Businessweek - Waqar Ahmed". Retrieved 2 December 2011.
- "Chief Executive Officer". Nokia Siemens Networks. Retrieved 24 November 2011.
- "Waqar Ahmed appointed Chief Executive Officer of Nokia Siemens Networks; Simon Beresford-Wylie to step down after successfully leading the company's integration". Nokia Siemens Networks. 1 September 2009. Retrieved 24 November 2011.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20140105022236/http://forinnovations.org/forum/speakers/suri-suri/. Archived from the original on 5 January 2014. Missing or empty
as interim CEO
| Nokia Corporation CEO
| Nokia Solutions and Networks CEO