|Doctoral advisor||K. R. Parthasarathy|
|Notable awards||Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award|
Rajendra Bhatia (born 1952) is a distinguished scientist at the Indian Statistical Institute, Delhi. He studied at the University of Delhi, where he completed his BSc and MSc degrees in Mathematics, and moved to the Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, where he completed his Ph.D under K. R. Parthasarathy.
Rajendra Bhatia founded the series Texts and Readings in Mathematics in 1992 and the series Culture and History of Mathematics on the history of Indian mathematics. He has served on the editorial boards of several major international journals such as Linear Algebra and Its Applications, and the SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications.
He was awarded the INSA Medal for Young Scientists in 1982. He won the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology in Mathematical Science in 1995. In 2017 he will be awarded by the Hans Schneider prize.
- Bhatia, Rajendra (1987). Perturbation Bounds for Matrix Eigenvalues. Longman.
- Bhatia, Rajendra (1997). Matrix Analysis. Springer, Graduate Texts in Mathematics.
- Bhatia, Rajendra (2007). Positive Definite Matrices. Princeton Series in Applied Mathematics.
- Bhatia, Rajendra. Fourier Series. The Mathematical Association of America.
- "Conference in honour of sixtieth birthday of Rajendra Bhatia". Indian Institute of Science.
- Bhatia, Rajendra; Mukherjea, Kalyan K (1994), "Variation of the Unitary Part of a Matrix", SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications 15 (3): 1007–14, doi:10.1137/S0895479892243237
- "Rajendra Bhatia - INSA". Indian National Science Academy.
- "Texts and Readings in Mathematics". Hindustan Book Agency.
- http://www.ilasic.org/misc/hsall.html ILAS winners
- A Brief History of Fourier Series by Prof. Rajendra Bhatia
- Rajendra Bhatia at the Mathematics Genealogy Project