|Traded as||BSE: 531500, NSE: RAJESHEXPO|
|Rajesh Mehta, founder and CEO|
|Revenue||$36,114 million USD (2016)|
|$185.8 million USD (2016)|
|Total assets||$3,717 million USD (2016)|
Number of employees
Rajesh Exports Limited is a gold retailer in India which refines, designs, and sells gold and jewelry. The company ranked 295th on the Fortune Global 500 in 2017, with revenues of more than $36 billion, making it the fifth-largest company in India by revenue. Rajesh Exports MD is Prashant Mehta & Executive Chairman is Rajesh Mehta
The company was founded in 1989 by the current executive chairman, Rajesh Mehta and his brother Prashant Mehta, Rajesh Exports MD. The brothers started manufacturing in a ten-person shop located in their garage in Bangalore.
By 1990, the company opened a retail front and rapidly expanded.
In 2001, the company built a large manufacturing facility in Bangalore. In 2015, the company acquired the largest gold refiner in the world, Valcambi of Balerna, Switzerland, for $400 million.Now they are planning to expand their Shubh Jewellers retail store.
- DeCarlo, Scott (20 July 2017). "The Fortune 2017 Global 500". Fortune.
- "Rajesh Exports Limited: Private Company Information". Bloomberg. 2017-09-30. Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- "The gold rush: How Rajesh Mehta's out of the box ideas helped him build his jewellery empire". Forbes India. 2016-12-14. Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- "Rajesh Exports buys Swiss gold refiner for $400m - Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- "Rajesh Exports MD eyes bigger pie in retail sector, plans expansion of Shubh Jewellers stores - News Hour". News Hour. 2018-07-07. Retrieved 2018-08-18.