|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (October 2011)|
Rajesh K S, popularly called Rajeshji, is an Indian classical instrumentalist. He is a player of the bansuri, the North Indian bamboo flute. Rajeshji is also the founder of Nirvan Foundation Trust which is based in Bangalore.
Born in a family of music lovers, Rajeshji was introduced to music at an early age. He has undergone rigorous training in Hindustani classical music under the coveted tutelage of his Guru Sri.K.Pundalika Shenoy a pioneer in the tradition of Hindustani Flute playing. Having received an initiation of culture and tradition in the sphere of music Rajeshji has always tried to maintain a blissful expression of Instrumental Music in his style of flute playing merging with the Gayaki ang to express the character of the instrument in greater depth and has received lot of appreciation for the sweetness in his music in the course of his performances both as a soloist and accompanist in several music concerts in prestigious music festivals. In the course of his Sadhana and advanced study of music, Rajeshji is presently seeking the support and guidance of the Legendary Flute Maestro Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia and has been fortunate and blessed enough to accompany this great maestro in many concerts.
One of his major achievements at a very young age has been to win the First Prize in the national level All India Radio Music Competition held in 1989. As an approved graded artiste of All India Radio, he was appointed by All India Radio, Bangalore & had the opportunity of serving this prestigious institution full-time for almost nine years as a Staff Artiste. He has performed both on Radio and Television and has been associated with the music industry as an established flautist, music composer and session musician. As a talented music composer he has composed music both in the audio and visual mediums. "VIBRANT MOODS" a CD of Instrumental Music composed and conducted by Rajeshji was blessed and released by The Legendary Flute Maestro Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia on 4 September 2004. As an able teacher he has been teaching music and has presented lecture demonstrations and technical papers as and when called upon to do so by prestigious institutions.
Rajeshji is also working towards preserving the cultural and spiritual heritage of India and is the Founder of Nirvan Foundation Trust, an institution through which some successful programmes and workshops are conducted. Living legends in the field of Indian classical music including artistes like Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia, Pandit Raghunath Seth, Dr. N. Rajam, Dr. Lalith J. Rao, Pandit Suresh Talwalkar to name a few have honoured the invitation given to them by performing at the annual music festival conducted every year and today this institution stands as a unique organization specially with the aesthetic way in which programmes are conducted with emphasis on the spiritual and meditative values of music.
- Solo performances at the prestigious Music Festivals like Sankat Mochan Sangeet Samaroh -Banaras, Pandit Sawai Gandharva Music Festival – Kundgol and others
- Orchestral pieces composed and conducted for invited audience on important occasions such as the Asian Broadcasting Union conference held by AIR Bangalore.
- Thematic music compositions conducted and presented at the Raj Bhavan organised by the Doordarshan Kendra Bangalore, aired on the DD-Bharathi and Chandana channels.
- Music composed for albums released for prestigious organisations such as Art of Living, Udupi Shri Puttige Mutt and many other devotional albums.
- Scored background music for short films by the Central Institute of Indian Languages.
- Performances with Dr. S.P. Balasubramaniam by accompanying him on the flute in many mega events. Also accompaniment on the flute with Smt. S.Janaki, Smt. P.Susheela, Smt. L.R. Eswari and many others.
- Instrumental presentations of devotional numbers of prestigious institutions released for meditation, peace and dance.
- Technical workshops and lecture demonstrations presented for some of the prestigious institutions.