Rajgir railway station
|Indian railway station|
Station platform board
|Location||Rajgir station rd, NH 120, Rajgir, Bihar|
|Elevation||71 metres (233 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||East Central Railway zone|
|Line(s)||Bakhtiyarpur-Rajgir-Tilaiya line Bakhtiyarpur-Rajgir-Koderma(UC)|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
|Zone(s)||East Central Railway zone|
|Passengers||15000 (per day)|
Rajgir railway station is a railway station serving the city of Rajgir in the Indian state of Bihar. Rajgir is in the Danapur railway division of the East Central Railway zone. Rajgir is well connected with Patna junction, Harnaut, Jehanabad, Bihar Sharif, Gaya Junction, Islampur, Nawada and Bakhtiyarpur junction through daily passenger and express train services. It is located near Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Rajgir Nalanda.CCR
Bakhtiyarpur Bihar Light Railway was a 2 ft 6 in (762 mm) wide narrow gauge railway laid by Martin's Light Railways from Bakhtiyarpur to Bihar Sharif in 1903 and extended to Rajgir in 1911. It was taken over by the local district board in 1950, nationalised in 1962 and converted to 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in).
The broad gauge line was extended from Rajgir to Tilaiya and opened in 2010. This line will transport coal from the Hazaribagh-Koderma coal belt for Barh Thermal Power Station via Harnaut railway station. The line was sanctioned in 2001-02 and is to be extended up to Koderma.
The major facilities available are waiting rooms, retiring room, computerised reservation facility, reservation counter, and vehicle parking. The vehicles are allowed to enter the station premises. There are refreshment rooms, vegetarian and non-vegetarian, tea stall, book stall, post and telegraphic office and Government Railway police (G.R.P) office. Automatic ticket vending machines have been installed to reduce the queue for train tickets on the station.
There are three platforms in the Rajgir railway station. The platforms are interconnected with foot over bridges (FOB). It has two foot over bridges, the third overbridge is under construction.[when?]
Rajgir railway station is a major station of the East Central Railways. Several local passenger trains also run from Rajgir to neighbouring destinations at frequent intervals. The following table lists all the trains passing from Rajgir station:(As of April 2010)
|Number||Train type||From||To||Train name|
|12391||SF||Rajgir||New Delhi||Shramjeevi Superfast Express|
|73253||Pass||Rajgir||Bakhtiyarpur||Rajgir bakhtiyarpur Passenger|
|73258||Pass||Gaya||Bakhtiyarpur||Gaya bakhtiyarpur Passenger|
|53232||Pass||Danapur||Tilaiya||Danapur tilaiya passenger|
|53044||Exp||Rajgir||Howrah||SaltLake City Express|
|13233||Exp||Rajgir||Danapur||Rajgriha Intercity Express|
|73255||Pass||Rajgir||Bakhtiyarpur||Rajgir bakhtiyarpur passenger|
Airports near by rajgir are as:
- Patna International Airport (99.5 km)
- Gaya International Airport (75.2 km)
In February 2012, the Indian Railways had planned to set up a Railway Station Development Corporation (RSDC) that will work on improving the major railway stations including Rajgir railway station by building and developing restaurants, shopping areas and food plazas for commercial business and improving passenger amenities.
- "Bakhtiyarpur-Bihar Light Railway". fibis. Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- "Shahdara-Saharanpur Light Railway". IRFCA. Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- "History of Indian Railways". Consultant. Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- "IR History: Part III (1900-1947)". IRFCA. Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- "CM to open Rajgir-Tilaiya new line". IRFCA. Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- "Nitish inaugurates new rail lines, two ROBs in Bihar". India Today/PTI, 29 June 2010. Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- "List of Locations (Irrespective of States) Where Computerized Reservation Facilities Are Available". Official website of the Indian Railways. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- "Patna Railway station". Travel, Indian Railways. makemytrip.com. Retrieved 5 April 2012.
- "Railways to set up body to develop stations". The Times of India. 11 February 2012. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
|This article about a railway station in the Indian state of Bihar is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|