|• Type||Municipal Council|
|• Body||Rajgurunagar Municipal Council|
|• Total||4.60 km2 (1.78 sq mi)|
|Elevation||645 m (2,116 ft)|
|• Density||5,500/km2 (14,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Website||Rajgurunagar Municipal Council|
Rajgurunagar (Khed) is named after an Indian freedom fighter, Shivaram Rajguru, who was born there.
- As per 2011 census, Rajgurunagar has population of 25,146 of which 12,899 were males while 12,247 were females.
- Average Sex Ratio of city is 949 which is higher than Maharashtra state average of 929.
- Literacy rate of city was 91% compared to 82.95% of Maharashtra. Male literacy rate was 93% while female literacy rate was 88%.
- Scheduled Castes constitutes 6.2% of total population while Scheduled Tribes were 5%.
There are several temples in Rajgurunagar. Siddheshwar Temple is the one of the old temples, other temples include Kedareshwar Temple, Vishnu Temple (Chandiram Maharaj Math), Hanuman Temple, Shani Maharaj Temple and Chimanya Ganapati Temple. Shingeshwar temple near Kude budruk Village. Shingeshwar mountain is the highest in Pune and number two after Kalsubai mountain. Dhume dongar is very popular in the Rajgurunagar. Tukaimata mandir on Nashik road 2km from the city is made in black stone by PANDVA (Mahabharat). Rajgurunagar is also known for Rajguru Wada.
- Hutatma Rajguru Arts, Science & Commerce College, Rajgurunagar
- Hutatma Rajguru Vidyalaya, Rajgurunagar
- Small wonder preschool,wada road, Rajgurunagar
- Mahatma Gandhi Vidyalaya, Rajgurunagar
- Sheth Kesharchand Parakh Prathmic Vidyalaya, Rajgurunagar
- Prangan Nursery School,wada road,Rajgurunagar.
- Little Champs English Medium School
- KTES English Medium school, Rajgurunagar
- Z P School, Tinhewadi NO.1/2
- Trimurti Vidyalaya, Tinhewadi.
- Gurukul College Of Technology, Rajgurunagar
- ERA Kids(aiera.in/erakids/), Pabal Road, Rajgurunagar
- Pius Memorial School, Waki
- Priyadarshani School, Waki
- Podar International School, Chakan
- Adarsh vidyalaya, Shiroli.￼
- Z.P.Primary School, Manjarewadi Pimpal
MARS International India Pvt.Ltd., the global manufacturer of chocolates, snack foods and pet foods acquired a large parcel of land in KhedCity (Bharat Forge's SEZ). The Company will set up its first manufacturing facility in India here with investment of Rs 1,005 crore (over $160 million). 
- "About us". Official website of Rajgurunagar Municipal Council.
- "'PMRDA area notified, DP to be announced in a year'". The Indian Express. 20 June 2017. Retrieved 26 April 2018.
- ET Bureau (28 April 2010). "Bharat Forge plans to start marketing Khed SEZ". The Economic Times. India.
- Biswas, Partha Sarathi (24 January 2013). "New industrial policy unlikely to increase housing stock". The Indian Express.
- "Khed City Official Site". Archived from the original on 11 April 2013.
- "Mars International India to set up manufacturing plant in Pune; to invest Rs 1,005 cr". Business Standard. Retrieved 11 March 2015.
- "Make-in-India: Mars Inc will set up Rs 1,000-crore plant in Khed City, Pune".
|This article about a location in Pune district is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|