Rajiv Dutta (died January 31, 2011) was a noted technology manager who has worked at major bioscience, semiconductor, software, and online companies. Dutta worked at Bio-Rad Laboratories from 1988 to 1998, and after a brief tenure at semiconductor equipment manufacturer KLA-Tencor moved to eBay shortly before its IPO as its finance director. He was later promoted to Vice President of Finance and Investor Relations and then to Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. He served as President of Skype, which eBay had acquired in 2005, during 2006, and then moved to serve as president of PayPal, which eBay had acquired in 2002, for nearly two years. He was promoted to executive vice president and elected to the board of directors on January 23, 2008 as he moved to a new post overseeing all of eBay's ecommerce businesses. On January 30, 2009, Elevation Partners designated Rajiv Dutta for election to the Board at Palm Inc., after Donna Dubinsky offered to resign. He joined Elevation Partners in November 2009 as a Managing Director.
Dutta was educated at The Doon School and held an undergraduate degree in economics from St. Stephen's College of Delhi University and an MBA from the Drucker School of Management of the Claremont Graduate University.
- Top Executive Profiles – Rajiv Dutta – Portfolio.com
- Whitman to step down at eBay; Donahoe her successor - San Jose Mercury News
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on February 5, 2009. Retrieved 2009-02-04.
- How the most influential alumni network in India Inc works - Economic Times
- Rajiv Dutta, ex-President of Skype & PayPal- joined Elevation Partners
- The Venture Bay | Former eBay CFO And Elevation Partners MD Rajiv Dutta Passes Away Archived December 27, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.
- Former eBay executive Rajiv Dutta passes away - The Term Sheet: Fortune's deals blog Term Sheet
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|