Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Mumbai
|राजीव गांधी प्रौद्योगिकी संस्थान|
View from entrance, Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Mumbai, India
|Motto||ज्ञानम् परमम् धेय्यम्|
Motto in English
|Knowledge is the ultimate aim|
|Affiliation||University of Mumbai|
|Principal||Dr Udhav Bhosle|
|Location||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Sports||Cricket, Box cricket, Football|
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology is an institute affiliated to the University of Mumbai. It offers the Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) undergraduate course, which is its flagship course, in five disciplines. Founded in 1992, the institute is located in Andheri, Mumbai, India. The college is run by the Manjara Charitable Trust and was accredited by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). It is recognised by the Directorate of Technical Education in Maharashtra and the UGC. The course in management studies was awarded 'A' grade in 2008 by the NAAC.
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) Computer Engineering
- B.E. Instrumentation Engineering
- B.E. Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- B.E. Information Technology
- B.E. Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Management Studies (MMS)
- Master of Computer Apps (MCA)
- Master of Engineering (M.E.) in Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Engineering (M.E.) in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering
"Zodiac", an inter-collegiate and techno-cultural festival,was started in 2005. Rock concerts, gaming events, the prom night, dance workshops and similar events are held during Zodiac. A technical festival called "Icarus" is generally held in October every year.
The department of Mechanical Engineering hosts "Innovision", an annual technical festival held at the national level, where hardware projects are displayed. "Dimension 5" is a festival conducted by the department of Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering.
Clubs and societies
Marathi Bhasha Mandal (Marathi Language Society) was founded for the promotion of Marathi in the college. RGAA (Rajiv Gandhi Alumni Association) was formed in 2007. MESA (Mechanical Engineering Students' Association) formed in 2002 has been an active departmental committee throughout the year. IEEE student branch is a technical society for students of all branches. One of the most active student bodies of the college. Student's council is the student body elected by the Principal and Student Conveyors annually to organize the technical festival 'ICARUS' and 'ZODIAC'. ISA student body is a department specific technical team for instrumentation students.
- "RGIT About US". RGIT. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Status of Extension of Approval to AICTE Approved Institutions for the Academic Year 2011 ‐ 12 [PDF]" (PDF). AICTE. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "List of approved institutes". Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- ".". India College Search. Retrieved 14 March 2013. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "b" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "Zodiac 2013, Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Mumbai, Cultural Fest, Maharashtra, March 28-30 2013". Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Rajiv Gandhi Alumni Association". Retrieved 14 March 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Mumbai.|