Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||Institutes of National Importance|
|Postgraduates||MA & MSc|
The Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development (RGNIYD), Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu, is an Institution of National Importance by the Act of Parliament No. 35/2012 under the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Government of India. The RGNIYD was set up in 1993 under the Societies Registration Act, XXVII of 1975.
The RGNIYD offers academic programmes at postgraduate level in youth development, engages in research in youth development, and coordinates training programmes for state agencies and the officials of youth organisations. It is involved in extension and outreach initiatives across the country.
The institute functions as a think-tank of the Ministry and an organization of youth-related activities. As the apex institute at the national level, it works in cooperation within the NSS, NYKS and other youth organizations in the implementation of training programmes.
This institute also offers Post Graduate Degree programmes in the field of Gender Studies, Development Studies, Local Governance, Counselling Psychology, Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship and Social Work. It also offers PhD in various disciplines of Social Sciences.
Objectives of RGNIYD
- To evolve as an Institute of advanced study in the field of youth development.
- To undertake action and applied research
- To empower youth to participate in inclusive development and nation building
- To provide higher education in the field of youth development
- To carry out policy research, evaluation and impact analysis of youth programmes
- "About RGNIYD | Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development". www.rgniyd.gov.in. Retrieved 2017-10-30.