Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya
|University of Technology of Madhya Pradesh|
|Chancellor||Governor of Madhya Pradesh|
|Vice-Chancellor||Sunil Kumar Gupta|
Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya (RGPV), also known as University of Technology of Madhya Pradesh, is a state university situated in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India. It is a multi-campus affiliating, research university offering diploma, undergraduate, postgraduate, integrated, dual and doctoral courses in fields like engineering, technology, pharmacy, management, architecture, design and applied sciences. The University has been accredited with Grade ‘A’ by NAAC.
RGPV started in 1958 which gained special status in 1998. RGPV was established in the year 1998, by Madhya Pradesh Vidhan Sabha Act 13, 1998. The university was established by the Government of Madhya Pradesh as a common university for all the technical institutes, mainly including engineering and pharmacy colleges in the state of Madhya Pradesh. The university was named after the former Prime Minister of India, Rajiv Gandhi.
The Governor of Madhya Pradesh is the ex officio Chancellor of the University. The university is headed by the Vice-Chancellor, assisted by the registrar, two controllers, for exams and finance, and two deputy registrars for administration and academics. There are five deans, who have authority over the academic departments of civil engineering, computer & information technology, electrical & electronics, industrial technology, and applied sciences. The polytechnic wing is administered by a secretary and a research officer.
All course work and examinations for all majors and subjects are conducted with English language as the mode of instruction. Undergraduate courses are given in various fields like engineering, technology, pharmacy, management, architecture, design and applied sciences. Postgraduate courses include Master of Technology (M.Tech), Master of Science (M.Sc), Master of Design (M.Des), Master of Architecture (M.Arch), Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm), Master of Computer Applications (MCA) in relevant fields, as well as other master's degrees. Dual postgraduate courses with Management (B.E.+ MBA) or Technology (B.E. + M.Tech). Master of Science (M.S.) degree in Cyber Law and Information Security is a collaborative programme, jointly offered by the National Law Institute University, Bhopal and RGPV. Integrated degree course Master of Applied Management (MAM). Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) is also offered in all the above departments. Degrees are conferred and meritorious students are awarded with gold medals presented by the Hon'ble President of India during annual convocation ceremony.
RGPV offers three-year diploma programs for 10th and 12th pass candidates, admission requires taking the state level pre-polytechnic test exam (MP PPT). Admission to the various four-year Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) programs and to Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) is through JEE Main and 12th standard marks merit. Admission to the 5-year dual degree programs (which award B.E. with either M.Tech or MBA) is through JEE Main as well, but requires separate counseling. Admission to other M.Tech degrees is through Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). Admission to M.Pharm is through Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT). Common Entrance Examination for Design for M.Des and National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) for architecture courses. MP Pre-Master of Computer Applications Test (MP Pre MCA) for MCA course. GATE / GPAT / NET, followed by interviews for PhD courses.
Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya affiliated institutes include 5 teaching institutions, 200 engineering institutions, 98 pharmacy institutions, 95 MCA institutions, 4 architecture institutions and 85 diploma institutions.
The institution is in Gandhi Nagar, on the outskirts of the city, 3 km from the Raja Bhoj Airport on the Gwalior bypass road. The campus is spread over 247 acres (1.00 km2). The main buildings start 1 km from the main gate. The campus has an administrative block, instruction blocks, workshops, library block, research centres, hostels for students, sports and recreational facilities, residential blocks for the faculty and staff.
The university campus was closed after the 1st lockdown imposed in the state to fight against deadly coronavirus spread. The university recently restarted its activity and announced to conduct exams from 23rd June 2020, but the RGPV administration postponed the exams on 15th June. The decision has impacted students doing graduation and postgraduation. 
- "Administration". Rgpy.ac.in. Retrieved 24 October 2018.
- "University Mascot". Rgpy.ac.in. Retrieved 24 October 2018.
- "List of State Universities as on 06.10.2017" (PDF). University Grants Commission. 6 October 2017. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- "RGPV gets A grade from NAAC". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 October 2018.
- ".:: Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal ::". Rgpv.ac.in. Retrieved 16 August 2011.
- "Newsletter" (PDF). Rgpv.ac.in. March 2018. Retrieved 24 October 2018.
- "University Administration". Rgpv.acv.in. Retrieved 1 August 2017.
- "Board of Studies" (PDF). Rgpv.ac.in. Retrieved 24 October 2018.
- "University Dual Degree Integrated PG Program". Rgpv.ac.in. Retrieved 24 October 2018.
- "Master of Science Degree In Cyber Law and Information Security" (PDF). Rgpv.ac.in. Retrieved 24 October 2018.
- "Five year integrated programme in Master of Applied Management (MAM)" (PDF). Rgpv.ac.in. Retrieved 24 October 2018.
- "Doctoral Program : Ph. D". Rgpv.ac.in. Retrieved 24 October 2018.
- "Syllabus for Entrance Examination for Admission in Ph.D. Program". Rgpv.ac.in. Retrieved 24 October 2018.
- "President Attends 8th Convocation of Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya". Pib.nic.in. Retrieved 24 October 2018.
- "Affiliated Institutions". Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya. Retrieved 17 March 2018.
- Singh, Ajay (24 June 2020). "RGPV Postpones Exams At The Last Gasp, Students In Disarray". www.Exammr.com. Retrieved 22 June 2020.