Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies
Catering to the Educational Needs of Gifted Rural Youth of Telangana
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. A. Ashok I. A. S (I/c)|
Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies,Basar (RGUKT-Basar) is an autonomous, technical university constituted under the Act 18 of 2008 by the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh, located in Basar, Telangana, India. The university offers Undergraduate, Post Graduate and Ph.D degree in various programmes.
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) is a six(6) year undergraduate programme,total six(6) years of study in the campus after ssc offered after 10th class examinations which includes two years Pre-University Course equivalent to intermediate degree followed by four year degree course in engineering course.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
The college comes under autonomous Institutions specialized in teaching and research sector in Information Technology and engineering. The institution follows the norms and regulations of Government of India, University Grants Commission (UGC) India.
Culture and activities
With education the institute also emphasizes on Extra Academic Activity (EAA) as mandatory part of education. It conducts various extra academic activities such as arts, vocal music, Kuchipudi dance, Mridangam and Yoga. The initiative to include classical art forms of India in the curriculum was conceptualised. Antah Pragnya a national level technical fest is being conducted every year to explore the new innovative ideas of the young minds.
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Business Management
- Indian vocal music
- Field Emission Scanning Electron Microscopy
- X-Ray Diffraction Machine
- 3D Printer
- Friction Stir Welding
- Wire cut Electrical Discharge Machine
- High Temperature Universal Testing Machine
- Creep Machine
- Advanced Environmental Hydrology System
- Digital Ultrasonic Concrete Tester
- GDS Resonant Column
- Glass Sided Tilting Flume
- Rebar Detection System
Committees in University
- Anti ragging Committee
- Women's cell
- Grievance cell
- Career Guidance cell
- Anti ragging squad
- Sports Board Committee
- NSS Committee
- SC/ST Cell
- e Cell
- Academic Blocks
- Department Blocks
- Central & Digital Library
- Conference Halls
- Student Activity Center
- Dining Halls
- Open dias
- Shatavahana and Kakatiya Grounds
- Bank & ATM
- Post office
- Shopping Complex
- Yoga Hall
- Sports Facilities
- "Knowledge Cluster". Times of India. 1 Jun 2014. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Academic Programmes". Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "University". University Grants Commission. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- Reddy, J Deepthi Nandan (14 July 2014). "RGUKT Nuzvid Students Take to Performing Arts to Beat Stress". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 14 July 2014.