|Director of Intelligence Bureau|
1 January 2017
|Prime Minister||Narendra Modi|
|Preceded by||Dineshwar Sharma|
|Born||March 17, 1957|
Rajiv Jain is the recipient of President’s Police Medal and has served in various departments of the Intelligence Bureau, including the sensitive Kashmir desk. Jain was the advisor to the previous NDA government’s interlocutor on Kashmir, KC Pant, when talks were held with separatist leaders like Shabbir Shah.
- "Disposition of IPS Officers" (PDF). Jharkhand Police. Retrieved 10 Oct 2015.
- "Rajiv Jain Next Intelligence Bureau Chief, Anil Dhasmana to Head R&AW". News 18.com. Retrieved 17 Dec 2016.
- "Rajiv Jain to be new IB chief, Anil Dhasmana to head RA". Economic Times. Retrieved 17 Dec 2016.
- "Rajiv Jain to be new IB chief, Anil Dhasmana to head RAW". The Times of India. Retrieved 17 Dec 2016.
- "Anil Dhasmana is new R&AW chief; Rajiv Jain to be Intelligence Bureau (IB) chief". The Financial Express. Retrieved 17 Dec 2016.
- "Rajiv Jain to become IB chief, Anil Kumar Dhasmana will take charge of RAW". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 17 Dec 2016.