|Born||2 August 1957|
|Occupation||Part time Non-Exe Chairman of IDFC First Bank |
Early life and education
Lall was born on 2 August 1957. He acquired a B.A. (Hons) degree in politics, philosophy, and economics from the Oxford University and Ph.D. in Economics from Columbia University. He is conversant in French and can understand Spanish and Mandarin. Rajiv Lall resides in Mumbai, and is married to Bunty Chand, the executive director of the Indian chapter of the John Rockefeller-founded Asia Society.
Before joining Warburg Pincus in 1997, Rajiv Lall was the Head of Asian Economic Research with Morgan Stanley Asia Limited. In 2005, Lall joined IDFC as MD and CEO. he serves as a director of IDFC Trustee Company Pvt. Ltd., IDFC Capital Company Limited, IDFC Projects Limited, IDFC-SSKI Securities Limited, IDFC-SSKI Limited, IDFC Bank, STCI Finance Limited, National Stock Exchange of India Limited, Spandana Sphoorty Finance Limited, Delhi Integrated Multi- Modal Transit System Limited, Qualitas Healthcare, and IDFC Private Equity. During his career spanning over two decades, he was worked with the World Bank, Warburg Pincus, Morgan Stanley and Asian Development Bank. He was also an assistant professor at Florida Atlantic University.
During Lall's tenure, IDFC became India’s biggest infrastructure finance company with balance sheet worth more than ₨ 60,000 crore.
- "IDFC First Bank".
- IDFC official website Archived 2012-12-26 at the Wayback Machine IDFC
- Lok Capital exploring new strategies for social impact. business-standard.com (2012-11-14). Retrieved on 2013-01-11.
- Executive Profile - Rajiv Bihari Lall. Business Week (2012). Retrieved on 2013-01-11.
- Golden years of finance yet to come in India: Rajiv Lall, CEO, IDFC Economic Times (2010-10-07) Retrieved on 2013-01-11.
- The Re-Engineer Forbes (2009-12-11) Retrieved on 2013-01-11.
- Of global sensibilities... and menus Business Standard (2007-12-23) Retrieved on 2013-01-11
- Lunch with BS Business Standard (2012-06-12) Retrieved on 2013-01-11