|Country|| United Kingdom
30 August 1986 |
Hounslow, London, England
|Height||1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Highest ranking||10 (1 November 2016)|
|Current ranking||10 (1 November 2016 )|
Rajiv Ouseph (born 30 August 1986 in Hounslow, London) is a male badminton player from England. A member of the GB and England Badminton squad, he is the current England number 1 Men's Singles player. Rajiv was born and brought up in London and is of Indian descent.
Rajiv has won the Senior National Singles title seven times in a row at the English National Badminton Championships from 2008 to 2014, the first player to do so. Ouseph became the first player to win more than four consecutive national singles titles since Darren Hall (1988–1991).
In the junior English national circuit he has won all the singles titles from the ages of under 13 to under 19. In the European arena he has won the under 19 Danish titles in singles and mixed doubles and the German Junior title in singles. His other notable achievements are winning the European Junior Championship in 2005, the first Englishman to win the title in twenty years.
In 2009 he won the Canadian Open, Le Volant d'Or de Toulouse, Scottish Open, Irish Open and went on to win the 2009 European Circuit Finals.
He won his first senior cap for England at the age of nineteen in the Thomas Cup. He also represented England in the Sudirman Cup where he was the youngest player in the English team. Rajiv was selected as the number 1 singles player for the English team in the 2010 Thomas Cup qualifiers which was held in Poland in February 2010.
Ouseph achieved a then career best world ranking of world number 11 in Nov 2010 after winning the US Open men's singles title and winning the Bronze medal in the Men's Singles Event in the 2010 European Badminton Championships. Later that year he won a silver medal at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in men's singles, as well as the bronze medal in the mixed team event.
International Tournament wins
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Glasgow, Team Silver Medal
- 2014 European Championships Silver
- 2013 French International Men's Singles Winner
- 2012 Finnish International Men's Singles Winner
- 2011 Scottish International Men's Singles Winner
- 2010 XIX Commonwealth Games New Delhi, Men's Singles Silver Medal
- 2010 US Open Men's Singles Winner
- 2010 European Championships Bronze
- 2009 Canadian Open Men's Singles Winner
- 2009 European Circuit 2009 Men's Singles Winner
- 2009 Le Volant d'Or de Toulouse Men's Singles Winner
- 2008 Scottish International Men's Singles Winner
- 2008 Irish International Men's Singles Winner
- 2007 Dutch International Men's Singles runner up
- 2005 European Junior Champion in Men's Singles
- 2005 German Junior International Men's Singles Winner
- 2004 Danish Cup Junior International Men's Singles Winner and Mixed Doubles Winner
- 2016 English Nationals Men's Singles Winner
- 2014 English Nationals Men's Singles Winner
- 2013 English Nationals Men's Singles Winner
- 2012 English Nationals Men's Singles Winner
- 2011 English Nationals Men's Singles Winner
- 2010 English Nationals Men's Singles Winner
- 2009 English Nationals Men's Singles Winner
- 2008 English Nationals Men's Singles Winner
- 2005 English U19 Nationals Men's Singles Winner
Ouseph took up badminton at the age of 9, encouraged by the rest of his family who also played badminton. Although he began a degree in Media at Loughborough University, he chose to give it up in favour of his badminton career.
- "Ranking History". Badminton World Federation.
- "BWF World Ranking". Badminton World Federation.
- Delhi 2010: Team - We Are England
- The Complete Book of the Commonwealth Games, Graham Groom, 2013, pg 181 and 197
- "Glasgow 2014 – Rajiv Ouseph Profile". g2014results.thecgf.com. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
- Badminton: Rajiv Ouseph takes silver at European Championships - BBC Sport
- "Team GB stars seeded for Rio 2016 Games". Badminton England. 22 July 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rajiv Ouseph.|