31 July 1986|
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, Brand Consultant, Digital Marketer, Speaker and Author|
|Education||B.A. Mass Communication (Journalism)|
|Genre||Entrepreneurship & Advertising|
|Notable works||What's In a Name Creatives, STFU – Start The F#%$ Up|
Rajive Dhavan is an Indian Entrepreneur, Brand Consultant, Digital Marketer, Speaker and Author. Born on July 31, 1986, in Amritsar, Punjab (India), he did his schooling from D.A.V. Public School, Hyderabad, and studied B.A. Mass Communication (Journalism) in St. Mary’s College, Hyderabad, Telangana. He is the Founder & CEO of What’s In a Name Creatives, which he launched at the age of 22 with a loan of INR 40,000, Namesake Productions, and Just Flaunt Salon & Spa. He is also the author of the business book, STFU – Start The F#%$ Up Book
Early Work Experience
Dhavan's first step into the world of business occurred at age 14, when he sold tomato sauce to bakeries.
In 2002, after passing the 10th standard, Dhavan quit education as his parents couldn't afford his college fee. So, he took up his first job as a Retail Clerk, at a clothing store called Zodiac. He worked there for a year, saved up for his college fee, and resumed his education. A few months later, in 2004, he quit his first job, and joined GE Capital as a Process Executive.
In 2005, Dhavan joined HSBC Bank, as a Process Executive, and later, became a Process Trainer.
On August 13, 2010, Dhavan started his own company, What’s In a Name Creatives, a full-service Advertising & Digital Marketing Agency. In 2012, Dhavan launched Namesake Productions, a Video Production Company. In 2013, Dhavan launched Just Flaunt, a chain of Salons & Spas. In 2018, he has also launched a Registered Welfare Foundation (an NGO) called SeeMaa, named after his late mother.
Awards & Recognition
2018 - Digital Marketing Professional of the Year Award by the Times Network
2017 - Outstanding Achievement Award for Business Excellence 2017 by the All India Achievers Foundation
2017 - Telangana Brand Leadership Award 2017 by The Business School Affaire
2017 - Ramoji Young Voyager Award for Digital Marketing & Advertising
- "What's In a Name Creatives Wins Gold at ACEF 2015". www.afaqs.com. Retrieved 2017-07-05.
- Nadadhur, Srivathsan (2017-12-30). "Rajive Dhavan: Putting Hyderabad on the digital map". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2018-01-09.
- Korukonda, Ravi (2015-10-28). "Discomfort with comfort - A fireside chat with serial entrepreneur Rajive Dhavan - Start-Up Hyderabad". Start-Up Hyderabad. Retrieved 2017-07-06.
- ""STFU - Start The F Up," says Rajive Dhavan". www.bolteraho.com. Retrieved 2017-07-06.
- "PIO Times".
- hyderabad, Whatsinaname - AD Agency In. "Best Digital Marketing Agency in Hyderabad, India, SEO, SEM". www.whatsinaname.in. Retrieved 2018-08-16.
- "A headstart for startups". The Hindu. Retrieved 2017-07-05.
- "Seema welfare foundation". www.seemaa.org. Retrieved 2018-08-16.
- "The New Indian Express-Hyderabad, 24-11-2015". epaper.newindianexpress.com. Retrieved 2017-07-05.
- "Setting the right culture". The Hans India. Retrieved 2017-07-05.
- "30 must read quotes from Indian startup journeys". The Hans India. Retrieved 2017-07-10.
- "Starting Up? Here is a Book to Guide You Through". iamwire. 2015-11-30. Retrieved 2017-07-05.
- Dhavan, Rajive (21 October 2015). "City entrepreneur launch STFU- Start the F UP' book". United News of India.
- ANI (2018-08-09). "Hyderabad-based Digital Marketing Company bags 2 National Awards". Business Standard India. Retrieved 2018-08-16.
- TV5 News (2017-12-23), TV5 Business Leader Awards 2017 | Part #2 | TV5 News, retrieved 2017-12-30
- "TV5 Business Leader - Awards". www.tv5awards.com. Retrieved 2017-12-30.
- ANI (2017-12-08). "Rajive Dhavan bags 'All India Achievers Foundation Award' for business excellence". Business Standard India. Retrieved 2017-12-30.
- "From What's In a Name to Watts In a Name". Retrieved 2017-12-30.
- "From What's In a Name to Watts In a Name". businesswireindia.com. Retrieved 2017-12-30.