Rajneesh Duggal in 2011
Rajniesh Duggall is an Indian film and television actor and a former super model. He won the title of Grasim Mr. India 2003 and represented India at the Mr. International 2003, held in London and was declared the runner up. He also won the Kingfisher Model of the year award in 2005. He made his Bollywood debut with Vikram Bhatt's super-hit horror thriller 1920. After that, he did two more films with Vikram Bhatt - Phirr and Dangerous Ishq, starring him and Karishma Kapoor, Jimmy Shergill, Ravi Kishan and Arya Babbar.
He then went on to taking different roles which pushed him beyond his comfort zone. Played a Banarasi Boy in a Romantic comedy titled Direct Ishq with Arjun Bijlani playing the other lead. At the same time he beautifully portrayed the role of a lover boy - in Ahmed Khan’s and T-Series’s production Ek Paheli Leela, starring Sunny Leone and Rahul Dev. Duggall and Sunny Leone went on to doing another film together, titled Beiimaan Love, where he played an obsessive lover.
In 2016, Duggall had two more releases: Saansein, a supernatural thriller, with Hiten Tejwani and Sonarika Bhadoria, which did a decent job at the box office; and Wajah Tum Ho, a crime thriller where he played an out and out negative character.
In 2017 he helmed the role of a fearless warrior Varundev and Jaldev in the mega TV series written by the writer of Baahubali, K. V. Vijayendra Prasad - Aarambh for Star Plus, produced and directed by Goldie Behl and got raving reviews for the direction and performances. This also marked his television debut.
Rajneesh started his career as a Model, by winning the prestigious title of Mister India World. He also did several TV commercials and ad campaigns like Raymond suitings, Kitkat, Monte Carlo, Wagon R, Yamaha, Videocon and Clinic All Clear.
He made his acting debut with Vikram Bhatt's horror thriller movie 1920, alongside Adah Sharma, where he played the lead role of Arjun Rathod, who vows to protect his possessed wife. The film was critically and commercially successful in 2008. In 2011, Duggal appeared in his next horror thriller Phhir, he collaborated with Vikram Bhatt and Adah Sharma for the second time. He portrayed the role of Kabir Malhotra, a doctor who is in the search of his wife (played by Roshni Chopra). However, the film met with mixed reviews at the box-office. In 2012, Duggal appeared in Vikram Bhatt's supernatural thriller Dangerous Ishq co-starring Karishma Kapoor and Jimmy Sheirgill. The film was the first ever 3D film, but could not do wonders at the box office. In 2014, Duggal played the role of Deepak in Rajshri production's Samrat & Co.and was appreciated in this negative role.
In 2014, Duggal went on to become the winner of the prestigious Khatron Ke Khiladi season 5, for Colors.
Duggal appeared in the blockbuster sensual music video "Mohabbat Barsa Dena Tu", alongside Surveen Chawla, from Vikram Bhatt's horror movie Creature 3D. In 2015, he played the lead role of Shravan in Bobby Khan's period thriller drama Ek Paheli Leela, co-starring Sunny Leone and Jay Bhanushali. The film met with mixed reviews, and was commercially successful at the box office. He also appeared in Syed Ahmed Afzal's crime thriller Laal Rang as an Inspector, multi-starring with Randeep Hooda and Akshay Oberoi in 2016.
In 2016, Duggal had four solo releases, which included Direct Ishq, Beiimaan Love, Saansein and Wajah Tum Ho. Direct Ishq is a Benares based rom-com film which was released on 19 February 2016, starring Rajniesh Duggall, Nidhi Subbaiah and Arjun Bijlani in the pivotal roles. His dark romantic film Beiimaan Love, alongside Sunny Leone, saw him playing a flamboyant spoilt brat. He also played the negative lead in Vishal Pandya's multi-starrer erotic crime thriller Wajah Tum Ho, alongside Sharman Joshi, Gurmeet Chaudhary and Sana Khan.
He is currently working on a social satire based in Udaipur, tentatively titled Time Nahi Hai, starring Krushna Abhishek, Govind Namdeo, Anjaan Shrivastava, Rajpal Yadav, Shakti Kapoor, Tiku Talsania, Yuvika Chaudhary and Himani Shivpuri.
|2004||Bombay Vikings - Chhod Do Aanchal Zamaana Kya Kahega||Actor from 70s and 90s||Remix/Music video debut|
|2005||UMI 10 Vol.5||Drummer Role (Love interest of dancer)||Remix video|
|2008||1920||Arjun Rathod||Bollywood debut|
|2011||Be Careful||Sameer Malhotra|||
|2012||Kaatu Puli||Ajay||Tamil film|
|2013||Main Krishna Hoon||Cameo||Special appearance in song "Govinda Aala Re" song.|
|2014||Samrat & Co.||Deepak Khurana|||
|2014||Creature 3D||Himself||Special appearance in song "Mohabbat Barsa Dena Tu"|
|2015||Ek Paheli Leela||Shravan|
|2016||Laal Rang||Superintendent of Police (SP), Karnal|
|2016||Direct Ishq||Vickky Shukla||released|
|2016||Wajah Tum Ho||Rahul Oberoi|
|2018||Teri Bhabhi Hai Pagle||Dev|
|2014||Khatron Ke Khiladi 5||Contestant||Colors TV|
|2019||Shrimad Bhagwat||Lord Krishna||Colors TV|
- "Models are spoilt like anything: Rajniesh Duggall". Mid-day.com. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "'A female fan tried to kiss me on the lips'". Hindustantimes.com. 2 September 2008. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "Rajniesh Duggall's ready for any test!". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 12 May 2008. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "Fame sometimes hinders growth: Rajniesh Duggall". Hindustantimes.com. 29 April 2012. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- Tejashree Bhopatkar. "Rajniesh Duggall as Ram, Richa Pallod as new sita of Ram Leela". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "Rajniesh Duggall wants to do intense love stories". Movies.ndtv.com. 26 October 2012. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "Rajniesh Duggall Biography, Profile". entertainment.oneindia.in. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "I'm constantly on cloud 9: Rajniesh". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 25 March 2009. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "'I don't mind getting up to change nappies'". Hindustantimes.com. 20 June 2010. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "Rajniesh Duggall: From right to left". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 27 November 2008. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "I never get intimidated: Rajniesh Duggall". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 10 May 2012. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "Rajniesh Duggall the prankster". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 17 October 2011. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "Kaatu Puli - Tamil Movie Reviews, Cast & Crew, Story & Synopsis". entertainment.oneindia.in. 17 February 2012. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "Look who's playing Karisma Kapoor's lover?". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2 August 2011. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "Rajniesh shoots a 'dahi handi' song for animation movie". Hindustantimes.com. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "Post 'Khatron...', Rajniesh eyes 'quality work'". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 26 May 2014. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
|Awards and achievements|
|Grasim Mr. India (2003)||Succeeded by|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rajneesh Duggal.|