March 16, 1971 |
Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Alma mater||Bhartendu Academy of Dramatic Arts and NSD|
|Occupation||Actor, Entertainer, Comedian, modelling|
|Spouse(s)||Radha Yadav (m. 2003)|
Rajpal Yadav (born March 16, 1971) is an Indian film actor known for his comic roles in Hindi cinemas. He is married to Radha Yadav. He was born in the small town of Kundra, located in Shahjahanpur district in Uttar Pradesh.
Although Yadav found success in negative roles, he preferred comic roles, as in Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya, and he went on to become a prolific comedian in Hindi films. His films include Hungama, Waqt: The Race Against Time, Chup Chup Ke, Garam Masala, Phir Hera Pheri and Dhol.
Yadav has also been the leading character in more serious films like Main Madhuri Dixit Banna Chahti Hoon, Ladies Tailor, Rama Rama Kya Hai Drama, Hello! Hum Lallan Bol Rahe Hain, Kushti, Mirch and Main, Meri Patni Aur Woh.
For the film Jungle, he won Sansui Screen Best actor award in a Negative Role along with a nomination for the Screen Best Actor award. He received the Yash Bharati Award for the film Main Madhuri Dixit Banna Chahti Hoon. Yadav was also awarded by the Janpad Ratna Award.
Rajpal Yadav met his wife when he went to Canada for a film shoot. "That's when he met Radha. He visited her home. After that, for 10 months he spoke to her over the phone from Mumbai. Thereafter, she shifted to India and they got married."
- "RAJPAL YADAV". Follo.co.in. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- "Raajpal Yadav". Koimoi.com. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- "Yash Bharti to 13 personalities". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- "Why's Raajpal Yadav playing a transgender?". The Times of India. Retrieved 16 February 2015.
- "Wishbells announces Rajpal Yadav as its Brand Ambassador?". India Press Release. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rajpal Yadav.|