Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
|Residence||Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Occupation||Chairman and Managing Director, Rajshree Sugars and Chemicals|
Founder, India Design Forum
|Children||Aishwarya Pathy, Aditya Krishna Pathy|
Rajshree Pathy is an entrepreneur from Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India. She is the chairperson and managing director of the Rajshree Group of Companies and founder of India Design Forum. The Rajshree Group has varied business interests, including food and agriculture, energy, travel, health, hospitality and the arts. Pathy also promotes performing arts and contemporary art movement in Coimbatore through the Contemplate Art Gallery and COCCA.
Rajshree Pathy is the daughter of famous industrialist G. Varadaraj, of the PSG family. Her father was also a former Rajya Sabha MP. She is married to S. Pathy, chairman and managing director of Lakshmi Mills.
Rajshree Sugars and Chemicals Ltd. is a company with interests across integrated fields such as sugar, distillery, power generation and biotechnology. It was founded by her father G. Varadaraj. Rajshree range of products includes white sugar, alcohol, organic manure, bio-products and power.
Awards and recognition
- Global Leaders of Tomorrow (1996), World Economic Forum
- Eisenhower Exchange Fellowship (2000)
- Padma Shri (2013), Government of India
- "The business of design". Mint. 24 February 2012.
- Kannan, Shilpa (2015-11-04). "'I'm a daughter - I'm not allowed to participate'". BBC News. Retrieved 2016-12-08.
- "She's not just a sugar baroness - Livemint". www.livemint.com. Retrieved 2016-12-08.
- "Padma Awards" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2015. Retrieved 21 July 2015.