This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2009)
Rajshri Productions Pvt. Ltd. is a film production and distribution company based in Mumbai, India, established in 1962, which is primarily involved in producing Hindi films. The most successful films produced by the company include Dosti (1964), Ankhiyon Ke Jharokhon Se (1978), Nadiya Ke Paar (1982), Saaransh (1984), Maine Pyar Kiya (1989) and Hum Aapke Hain Kaun (1994). Recent projects include Piya Albela, a TV serial on Zee TV, created by Sooraj Barjatya.
Rajshri Productions, the film production division of Rajshri, was established in 1962. Its first release Aarti met with critical acclaimed and was screened at international film festivals. This was followed by Dosti, a non-star-cast film which became a box office success, and received the National Award for the Best Hindi Film of the Year (1964) and six Filmfare Awards.
Rajshri Productions made several more successful and critically acclaimed movies between the 1960s and 1980s including Uphaar, Geet Gaata Chal, Ankhiyon Ke Jharokhon Se, Chitchor, Dulhan Wahi Jo Piya Man Bhaye and Saaransh. At the end of the 1980s, when the film industry experienced a slump due to the advent of home video, Rajshri was on the verge of closing down. However, the company had a hit with a musical teenage romance, Maine Pyar Kiya, directed in-house by Sooraj R. Barjatya, which saved the company from closure. It became one of Indian cinema's biggest grossers, and won six Filmfare Awards including Best Film and the Most Sensational Debut of the Year for 24-year-old Salman Khan.
Salman Khan followed up the success of Maine Pyar Kiya with Rajshri blockbusters Hum Aapke Hain Koun and Hum Saath Saath Hain. Hum Aapke Hain Koun remains one of the highest grossing releases in the history of Indian cinema, and won the National Award for the most popular film providing wholesome entertainment, as well as eight Filmfare Awards and six Screen Awards, including Best Film, Best Actress and Best Director.
- Koie Jane Na (2004) - STAR Plus
- Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki (30 May 2005 – 20 January 2011) - Sahara One
- Yahaaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli (17 November 2009 – 13 July 2012) - Zee TV
- Pyaar Ke Do Naam: Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam (2006) - STAR Plus
- Do Hanson Ka Jodaa (2010) - NDTV Imagine
- Main Teri Parchhain Hoon (2008–2009) - NDTV Imagine
- Jhilmil Sitaaron Ka Aangan Hoga (27 February 2012 – 18 October 2013) - Sahara One
- Pyaar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyaara Pyaara (18 June 2012 – 1 November 2014) - STAR Plus
- Mere Rang Mein Rangne Waali (17 November 2014 – 10 July 2015) - Life OK
- Ek Rishta Saajhedari Ka (8 August 2016 - 31 March 2017) - Sony TV
- Swabhiman (19 December 2016 -29 September 2017) - Colors TV
- Piyaa Albela (6 March 2017 – 24 August 2018) - Zee TV
- Dadi Amma... Dadi Amma Maan Jaao! (2020) - Star Plus
In November 2006, Rajshri Productions launched a broadband entertainment portal, Rajshri.com, offering streaming and downloads of various forms of content including movies, music videos, concerts, and documentaries. The digital content is from its own production house and others.
Rajshri Productions have offices in various Indian cities such as Mumbai, Rajkot, Hubli, Kolkata, Patna, Cuttack, Siliguri, Kathiar, Bhusawal, Nagpur, Raipur, Indore, Jaipur, Delhi, Kanpur, Allahabad, Varanasi, Gorakhpur, Jalandhar, Vijayawada, Bengaluru, Chennai, Ernakulam and various others.
- National Film Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment – Won
1994 Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!
- Filmfare Best Movie Award – Won
1990 Maine Pyar Kiya
1995 Hum Aapke Hain Kaun
- Filmfare Best Movie Award – Nominated
1979 Ankhiyon Ke Jharokhon Se
- Zee Rishtey Award for Favourite Show (Fiction) – Nominated
2009 Yahaaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli
2010 Yahaaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli
- Zee Rishtey Award for Favourite Show (Fiction) – Won
2011 Yahaaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli
Filmography for productions
- Aarti (1962)
- Dosti (1964)
- Suraj (1966)
- Taqdeer (1967)
- Jeevan Mrityu (1970)
- Uphaar (1971)
- Mere Bhaiya (1972)
- Piya Ka Ghar (1972)
- Saudagar (1973)
- Honeymoon (1973)
- Toofan (1975)
- Geet Gaata Chal (1975)
- Tapasya (1976)
- Chitchor (1976)
- Paheli (1977)
- Alibaba Marjinaa (1977)
- Agent Vinod (1977)
- Dulhan Wahi Jo Piya Man Bhaaye (1977)
- Ankhiyon Ke Jharokhon Se (1978)
- Sunayana (1979)
- Shikshaa (1979)
- Sawan Ko Aane Do (1979)
- Saanch Ko Aanch Nahin (1979)
- Gopal Krishna (1979)
- Raadha Aur Seeta (1979)
- Tarana (1979)
- Payal Ki Jhankaar (1980)
- Manokaamnaa (1980)
- Maan Abhiman (1980)
- Jazbaat (1980)
- Ek Baar Kaho (1980)
- Humkadam (1980)
- Jiyo To Aise Jiyo (1981)
- Nadiya Ke Paar (1982)
- Tumhare Bina (1982)
- Sun Sajna (1982)
- Sun Meri Laila (1983)
- Dard-E-Dil (1983)
- Rakt Bandhan (1984)
- Abodh (1984)
- Saaransh (1984)
- Phulwari (1984)
- Babul (1986)
- Maine Pyar Kiya (1989)
- Hum Aapke Hain Koun (1994)
- Hum Saath Saath Hain (1999)
- Hum Pyar Tumhi Se Kar Baithe (2002)
- Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon (2003)
- Uuf Kya Jadoo Mohabbat Hai..! (2004)
- Vivah (2006)
- Ek Vivaah... Aisa Bhi (2008)
- Isi Life Mein (2010)
- Love U...Mr. Kalakaar! (2011)
- Jaana Pehchana (2011)
- Samrat & Co. (2014)
- Prem Ratan Dhan Payo (2015)
- Dawat E Shaadi (2016)
- Hum Chaar (2019)
- "Rajshri - India's Leading Entertainment Studios since 1947". rajshri. Retrieved 20 July 2018.
- "Sooraj Bhajatya's superhit film Maine Pyar Kiya saves Rajshri Productions". India Today. 15 May 1990. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- Aminah Sheikh (1 February 2007). "Bollywood films now a click away". Rediff.com. Mumbai. Retrieved 20 July 2018.
- "23rd National Film Awards" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. Retrieved 20 July 2018.
- "42nd National Film Awards" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. Retrieved 20 July 2018.