This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kavita K. Barjatya
Rajshri Productions Pvt. Ltd., established in 1947, is a film production company based in Mumbai, India, and primarily involved in producing Hindi films. This company produced several films that were critically acclaimed. The most popular films produced by the company include Dosti (1964), Maine Pyar Kiya (1989) and Hum Aapke Hain Kaun(1994).
Rajshri Productions, the film production division of Rajshri, was set up in 1962. Its first release Aarti was critically acclaimed and was screened at international film festivals. This was followed by Dosti, a non-star-cast film which went on to become a mega success at the box-office. Dosti was presented the National Award for the Best Hindi Film of the Year (1964) and also won six Filmfare Awards.
Rajshri Productions made several successful and critically acclaimed movies between the 1960s and 1980s like Dosti, Uphaar, Geet Gaata Chal, Ankhiyon Ke Jharokhon Se, Chitchor, Dulhan Wahi Jo Piya Man Bhaye and Saaransh. 'Saaransh' in particular was praised for performances by the actors Anupam Kher, Rohini Hattangadi and the direction of Mahesh Bhatt.
At the end of the 80's, when the entire film industry was in the doldrums with the advent of video, Rajshri gave a break to its in-house talent Sooraj R. Barjatya who directed Maine Pyar Kiya, a musical teenage romance, which went on to become one of Indian cinema's biggest grosser. The film won six Filmfare awards including awards for the Best Film and the Most Sensational Debut of the Year for the 24-year-old Salman Khan.
Salman Khan moved from strength to strength and followed up the success of MPK with blockbusters Hum Aapke Hain Koun and Hum Saath Saath Hain. Hum Aapke Hain Koun remains one of the biggest hit in the history of Indian cinema, a film which instilled a new lease of life in the ailing film industry by bringing viewers back to cinema halls. The film won the National Award for being the most popular film providing wholesome entertainment and also secured 8 Filmfare Awards and 6 Screen Awards, including awards for the Best Film, Best Actress and Best Director.
2000 and beyond
In the next decade, Rajshri Productions produced movies like Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon, Uuf Kya Jadoo Mohabbat Hai, Ek Vivah Aisa Bhi (by debutant director Kaushik Ghatak), Isi Life Mein (by Vidhi Kasliwal), and Love U...Mr. Kalakaar! which were not successful at the box office. However, in 2006, Rajshri Productions released Vivah under the direction of Sooraj Barjatya, which went on to become a blockbuster.
Rajshri's other subsidiary, which produces TV soaps, has given two big hits ................
- Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki (30 May 2005 – 20 January 2011, Sahara One)
- Yahaaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli (17 November 2009 – 13 July 2012, Zee TV)
- Pyaar Ke Do Naam: Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam (2006, STAR Plus)
- Do Hanson Ka Jodaa (2010, NDTV Imagine)
- Main Teri Parchhain Hoon (2008–2009, NDTV Imagine)
- Jhilmil Sitaaron Ka Aangan Hoga (27 February 2012 – 18 October 2013, Sahara One)
- Pyaar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyaara Pyaara (18 June 2012 – 1 November 2014, STAR Plus)
- Mere Rang Mein Rangne Waali (17 November 2014 – 10 July 2015, Life Ok).
In November 2006, Rajshri Productions launched a broadband entertainment portal, Rajshri.com, offering streaming and downloading of various forms of content including movies, music videos, concerts, and documentaries. The digital content is from its own production house and also from other production houses. The online streaming of the content is free but a fee is charged for downloading.
- National Film Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment – Won
1994 Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!
- Filmfare Best Movie Award – Won
1990 Maine Pyar Kiya
1995 Hum Aapke Hain Kaun
- Filmfare Best Movie Award – Nominated
1979 Ankhiyon Ke Jharokhon Se
- Zee Rishtey Award for Favourite Show (Fiction) – Nominated
2009 Yahaaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli
2010 Yahaaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli
- Zee Rishtey Award for Favourite Show (Fiction) – Won
2011 Yahaaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli
Filmography for productions
- Aarti (1962)
- Dosti (1964)
- Taqdeer (1967)
- Jeevan Mrityu (1970)
- Uphaar (1971)
- Mere Bhaiya (1972)
- Piya Ka Ghar (1972)
- Saudagar (1973)
- Honeymoon (1973)
- Geet Gaata Chal (1975)
- Tapasya (1976)
- Chitchor (1976)
- Paheli (1977)
- Agent Vinod (1977)
- Dulhan Wahi Jo Piya Man Bhaaye (1977)
- Ankhiyon Ke Jharokhon Se (1978)
- Sunayana (1979)
- Shikshaa (1979)
- Sawan Ko Aane Do (1979)
- Saanch Ko Aanch Nahin (1979)
- Gopal Krishna (1979)
- Raadha Aur Seeta (1979)
- Tarana (1979)
- Payal Ki Jhankaar (1980)
- Maan Abhiman (1980)
- Jazbaat (1980)
- Ek Baar Kaho (1980)
- Humkadam (1980)
- Jiyo To Aise Jiyo (1981)
- Nadiya Ke Paar (1982)
- Tumhare Bina (1982)
- Sun Sajna (1982)
- Sun Meri Laila (1983)
- Rakt Bandhan (1984)
- Abodh (1984)
- Saaransh (1984)
- Phulwari (1984)
- Maine Pyar Kiya (1989)
- Hum Aapke Hain Koun (1994)
- Hum Saath Saath Hain (1999)
- Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon (2003)
- Vivah (2006)
- Ek Vivaah... Aisa Bhi (2008)
- Isi Life Mein (2010)
- Love U...Mr. Kalakaar! (2011)
- Jaana Pehchana (2011)
- Samrat & Co. (2014)
- Prem Ratan Dhan Payo (2015)
- "Dawat E Shaadi" (2016)
- "Rajshri - India's Leading Entertainment Studios since 1947". rajshri. Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- "wwww.boxofficeindia.com". NEW ASIA TIMES. Retrieved 10 November 2006.
- "23rd National Film Awards" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. Retrieved 4 October 2011.
- "42nd National Film Awards" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. Retrieved 5 March 2012.