Raju Narayana Swamy
|Raju Narayana Swamy|
24 May 1968|
Ulloor, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India
|Alma mater||Indian Institute of Technology Madras St. Berchmans College Changanacherry|
|Employer||Government of India|
|Organization||Indian Administrative Service|
Raju Narayana Swamy (born 24 May 1968) is an officer in the Indian Administrative Service. He was the Agriculture Production Commissioner and Principal Secretary of Kerala state government. At present, he serves as the chairman of the Coconut Development Board in Kochi.
He was born in a middle-class family. His father, who was a Professor of Mathematics, played a key role in shaping him up. His mother was a college professor. Raju Narayana Swamy obtained his Computer Science Graduation from the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras. He stood the first rank - in the State of Kerala in Class 10 Examination SSLC (1983), Pre-degree Examination (MGU-1985) from St. Berchmans College and Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) (1990 – in terms of percentile) conducted for admission to postgraduate engineering courses in India. He attained 10th rank in IIT Joint entrance examination for admissions into the prestigious Indian Institutes of Technologies. In 1991, he obtained the first rank in Civil Services Examination and entered the Indian Administrative Service. In August 2011, he was awarded a doctorate degree by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham. He is currently in the process of securing his second Phd from the prestigious Gujarat National Law University.
Author And Awards
Swamy has 26 books to his credit, the latest being one on popular science – Nano Muthal Nakshatram Vare. He won the Kerala Sahitya Akademi award for a travelogue, Santhimantram Muzhangunna Thazvarayil. He has also won the Bhima Gold Medal and Kunhunni Award (both for children’s literature) and the prestigious Homi Bhabha Fellowship (in Cyber Law). His other works include Niram Mangiya Vazhithara, which is a translation of The Road of Lost Innocence, the English version of the French memoirs by Somaly Mam.
- "Kerala government transfers 26 IAS officers in major rejig". Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- "Raju Narayana Swamy takes charge". The Hindu. Retrieved 2018-08-12.
- "Steady and Stoic". The New Indian Express. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 15 May 2013.
- "Convocation '11 for Graduating Students". Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- "Raju Narayanaswamy assumes charge". The Hindu. 2007-10-06. Retrieved 2010-09-18.
- Pradeep, K. (2010-07-01). "'Principles' of writing; of living too". The Hindu. Retrieved 2010-09-18.
- Executive Record Sheet of Raju Narayana Swamy
- Will Pinaray govt consider Raju Narayana Swamy as revenue secretary
- IAS divorced her wife on honesty
- The IAS has millions of fans still upset
- Savings for stationery department
- Article About Raju Narayana Swamy in The Hindu Newspaper
- Raju Narayanaswamy, IIT, IAS, Kerala’s clean-up officer
- Raju Narayana Swamy:Steady and stoic
- Voting goes online under the watch of Raju Narayanaswamy
- Article About Raju Narayana Swamy in The Times Of India
- IAS topper gives students tips to root out corruption
- Raju Narayana Swamy wins Homi Bhabha Fellowship
- Raju Narayana Swamy to attend Paris course on fighting corruption
- Following vigilance probe against minister, Raju Narayanaswami loses chair
- Purging the past
- Kerala Assembly Election
- Raju Narayanaswami: An IAS Officer victimised for exposing Corruption
- Raju Narayanaswamy earns Baby’s wrath; loses pos
- An upright officer pays the price
- 3 IAS officers who walked the same path as Durga Shakti have suffered worse