|Karnataka Rajyotsava Prashasti|
|Sponsored by||Government of Karnataka|
(Awardees including Individuals & Institutions)
The Rajyotsava Prashasti or Rajyotsava Awards, the second highest civilian honor of the Karnataka state of India are conferred annually by the Karnataka Government on the occasion of the establishment of the state on 1 November celebrated as the Kannada Rajyotsava.
The awards are presented in Bengaluru by the Chief Minister of Karnataka on 1 November of every year. Each award carries an amount of ₹100,000, a 20-gram gold medal and a citation. In addition to that, the government has in the past, allotted commercial land for eligible awardees.
Karnataka Rajyotsava Award was instituted in 1966 to be awarded to citizens of Karnataka in recognition of their distinguished contribution in various spheres of activity including the Arts, Education, Industry, Literature, Science, Sports, Medicine, Social Service and Public Affairs. It has also been awarded to some distinguished individuals who were not citizens of Karnataka but did contribute in various ways to Karnataka.The award is not conferred in 1977,1978,1979,1980,2009.
The Government of Karnataka announced 63 names for the year 2018 on the occasion of the 63rd anniversary of the awards. The awards were given away at the Vidhana Soudha on Thursday on 29th November 2018 evening by Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy. The winners will receive a prize of Rs 1 lakh, a gold medal and a citation.
Sarvamangala, Bhargava From Mysuru, Kere Kaamegowda From Mandya Among Rajyotsava Awardees. Rajyotsava Awardees includes former Union Minister Margaret Alva, former Chief Justice of India HL Dattu , former Olympics sprinter Kenneth Lawrence Powell, Sandalwood actor Jai Jagadish and National Public School founder KP Gopalkrishna are among the other winners. Detailed list of people is avaialble in the News Minute article.
The Government of Karnataka announced 60 names for the year 2015 on the occasion of the 60th anniversary of the awards.
The Government of Karnataka announced 59 names for the year 2014 on the occasion of the 59th anniversary of the awards. The awards were given away at the Ravindra Kalakshetra in Bangalore on 1 November 2014. The 2014 awards saw 1924 nominations that were screened by a panel. Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramiah announced that the government would bring out commemorative postal stamps of the 59 awardees.
Prominent award winners for 2014 are: S. Janaki (playback singer), Justice M N Venkatachalaih (former Chief Justice of India), Dr. K. Kasturirangan (former ISRO head), Dr. B.N. Suresh (ISRO scientist), M. R. Poovamma (athlete), Mamatha Poojari (kabaddi player), M. S. Rajashekar (Kannada movie director) and Vaijanath Biradar Patil (veteran Kannada actor).D Kumardas (Hindustani vocal singer)
- Kannada Rajyotsava | Karnataka Formation Day - Karnataka.com
- Karnataka: Harish Hande among 50 state awardees - South India - Karnataka - ibnlive
- Rajyotsava awards for 162
- The Hindu : National : 159 chosen for Karnataka Rajyotsava Award
- "Rajyotsava Award for Jerry Rao". Online webpage of Mphasis. Mphasis. Retrieved 2007-07-08.
- "60 persons to get Rajyotsava award". The Hindu. 27 October 2015. Retrieved 2 April 2017.
- "1,000 applications received". Online webpage of The Hindu. The Hindu. Retrieved 2007-07-08.
- "ರಾಜ್ಯೋತ್ಸವ ಪ್ರಶಸ್ತಿ ಸಂಪೂರ್ಣ ಪಟ್ಟಿ 1966 ರಿಂದ - 2015 ರವರೆಗೆ" (PDF). Kannada Siri. Retrieved 24 June 2017.
- "61 people bag 2016's Rajyotsava awards". Bengaluru. The New Indian Express. 31 October 2016. Retrieved 31 October 2016.
- "Rajyotsava Award – 2014". Government of Karnataka, Department of Information and Public relations. 30 October 2014. Retrieved 2 November 2014.
- "9 to get Rajyotsava award". Bangalore. Deccan Herald. 30 October 2014. Retrieved 2 November 2014.
- "Shun those who advocate division of State: Siddu". Bangalore. Deccan Herald. 2 November 2014. Retrieved 2 November 2014.