|Elevation||1,280 m (4,200 ft)|
|Population (2012 Estimate)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Rakai is located approximately 62 kilometres (39 mi), by road, southwest of Masaka, the largest town in the sub-region. This is approximately 208 kilometres (129 mi), by road, southwest of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. The coordinates of Rakai are 0°42'36.0"S, 31°24'18.0"E (Latitude:-0.7100, Longitude:31.4050).
The 2002 national census put the population of the town at about 5,920. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) estimated the mid-year population at 6,900. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-ear population at 7,000.
Points of interest
The following additional points of interest are located within the town limits or close to its edges:
- offices of Rakai Town Council
- Rakai central market
- Rakai Hospital, a 100-bed public hospital administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- "Distance Between Masaka And Rakai With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- "Map Showing Kampala And Rakai With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- Google (19 July 2015). "Location of Rakai at Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- "Estimated Population of Rakai In 2002, 2010 & 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 9 May 2014.