Ralph Allen School
|Motto||A learning institution, working in partnership towards excellence for all.|
|Chair of Governors||Dr Julia Garratt|
|Location||Claverton Down Road
|Local authority||Bath and North East Somerset|
|DfE URN||138522 Tables|
|Ofsted||Reports Pre-academy reports|
|Houses||Crescent, Milsom, Holburne and Pulteney|
Ralph Allen School in Combe Down, Bath, England, is a co-educational, comprehensive secondary school with academy status. Located on the south-eastern edge of Bath, the school educates 11- to 18-year-olds from the whole of Bath and the surrounding area.
The school claims good academic results:
However the most recent Ofsted report found that "Disabled pupils and those who have special educational needs and those supported through additional funding do not make as much progress as others", the report also commented that "There is not enough outstanding teaching. Teachers sometimes give work that is too easy or too hard and marking does not always help pupils to improve their work"
In 2004, the school gained specialist Science College status, and has also been recognised by Artsmark Silver, Investors in People, Investors in Student Careers, Schools for Health, Partnership Promotion School and Sportsmark Gold awards.
The school is part of the Bath Education Trust, working closely with other local schools, colleges, universities and businesses. It also works closely with the James Dyson Foundation, and is part of the Active Transport to Schools project.
- Ollie Barbieri, actor (Skins)
- Jeremy Guscott, rugby player
- Scott Sinclair, football player
- Danny Wallace (writer), comic writer
- Jake Sinclair, football player
- Tom Baskaya and Chris Lawrence, CG Supervisors on 'Gravity'
- Fergus Feilden, architect
- "GCSE results". Ralph Allen School. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- "A level success 2013". Ralph Allen School. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- "Ralph Allen School". Monkton Combe. Retrieved 2009-09-05.
- "About us". Ralph Allen School. Retrieved 2009-09-05.
- "Ralph Allen School Spotlight Report" (PDF). Bath and North East Somerset. Retrieved 2 July 2014.
- "Bath Education Trust Our Academies". Bath Education Trust. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- "Technology". Ralph Allen School. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- "Transport Getting to Ralph Allen School". Ralph Allen School. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- "Bath schoolboy scoops part in TV drama". Bristol Evening Post. Retrieved 24 November 2010.
- "Jeremy Guscott". Bath Rugby. Archived from the original on 27 February 2009. Retrieved 24 November 2010.
- "Sinclair joins Blues on loan". Bath Chronicle. Retrieved 24 November 2010.
- "Back to Bath for writer Danny". Bath Chronicle. Retrieved 24 November 2010.
- "Sporty pupils get their just rewards". Bath Chronicle. Retrieved 25 October 2011.
- "Former students involved in the making of the film Gravity". Ralph Allen School. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- "Ralph Allen School opens sixth form centre". Bath Chronicle. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
|This article relating to a school or sixth form college in Somerset is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|