Ralph Assheton (1830–1907)
Ralph Assheton (1830-1907) was an English politician.
Ralph Assheton was born on 20 December 1830. His father was William Assheton (1788-1853) and his mother, Hon. Frances Annabella Cokayne (1795-1835). His maternal great-grandfather was Charles Cokayne, 5th Viscount Cullen (1710–1802). He graduated from Trinity College, Cambridge, where he received a Masters of Arts degree.
He was elected as Member of Parliament for Clitheroe at an unopposed by-election in 1868 following the death of Richard Fort. He held the seat at the subsequent 1868 general election, and also in 1874, but was defeated at the 1880 general election. He did not stand for Parliament again.
- Frances Annabella Assheton (d. 1939).
- Dorothy Assheton (d. 1908).
- Joan Assheton (d. 1962).
- Sir Ralph Cockayne Assheton, 1st Bt (1860-1945).
- Richard Assheton (1863-1915).
- Reverend William Orme Assheton (1866-1953).
- Nicholas Radclyffe Assheton (1870-1960).
- The Peerage: Ralph Assheton
- "House of Commons constituencies beginning with "C" (part 4)". Leigh Rayment's House of Commons pages. Retrieved 2009-04-04.
- Craig, F. W. S. (1989) . British parliamentary election results 1832–1885 (2nd ed.). Chichester: Parliamentary Research Services. ISBN 0-900178-26-4.
- Craig, F. W. S. (1989) . British parliamentary election results 1885–1918 (2nd ed.). Chichester: Parliamentary Research Services. ISBN 0-900178-27-2.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Ralph Assheton
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
Richard Fort I
|Member of Parliament for Clitheroe
Richard Fort II
|This article about a Conservative Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom born in the 1830s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|