Ralph Victor Gilles (French pronunciation: [ʒij]; born 14 January 1970) is a Canadian-American automobile designer and executive. Gilles was the President and CEO of Chrysler's SRT brand and Senior Vice President of Design at Chrysler before being promoted to Head of Design for Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in April 2015. Following FCA's merger into the Stellantis group in 2021, he became chief design officer for the newly merged company.
Gilles was drawing concept vehicles at the age of eight. When he was fourteen years old, his aunt Gisele Mouscardy sent one of his sketches to then Chrysler Chairman Lee Iacocca. A reply came from K. Neil Walling, Chrysler's design chief at the time, suggesting he attend one of three design schools.
In August, 2008, Gilles replaced retiring Trevor Creed as Senior Vice President of Design. In October 2009, Gilles was promoted to President and CEO of the Dodge car brand. He was replaced as Dodge's CEO in June 2011, remaining Senior Vice President of Design and becoming CEO of Chrysler's Street and Racing Technology division.
- "Profile: Ralph V Gilles, Chief Design Officer, Stellantis NV". Bloomberg.
- "Executive bios: Ralph V. Gilles". chrysler.com. Retrieved 21 March 2011.
- Watson, Thomas (2006-09-22). "The cult of Ralph: Chrysler's Ralph Gilles". Canadian Business. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- "The cult of Ralph: Chrysler's Ralph Gilles". Canadian Business, Sep 22, 2006 Thomas Watson.
- I owe my career to a letter from Chrysler, 2016-02-25, retrieved 26 February 2017
- "Gilles, Ralph V." (PDF). Chrysler Executive Bio. Chrysler. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-11-03. Retrieved 2012-10-19.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Chrysler Head Designer Is Latest to Leave Firm". Wall Street Journal. 19 August 2008. p. B4. Retrieved 21 March 2011.
- <Healey, James R. (June 8, 2011). "Fiat shuffles Chrysler hats: Design chief/Dodge CEO Gilles to run SRT". USA Today. Retrieved June 10, 2011.
- "Netflix launches new documentary series Abstract: The Art of Design with a stellar lineup".