Ralph M. Calhoun Memorial Airport
|Ralph M. Calhoun Memorial Airport|
|Owner||State of Alaska DOT&PF - Northern Region|
|Elevation AMSL||236 ft / 72 m|
Ralph M. Calhoun Memorial Airport (IATA: TAL, ICAO: PATA, FAA LID: TAL) is a state owned, public use airport located one nautical mile (1.85 km) west of the central business district of Tanana, a city in the Yukon-Koyukuk Census Area of the U.S. state of Alaska.
As per Federal Aviation Administration records, the airport had 3,549 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 3,298 enplanements in 2009, and 3,241 in 2010. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a non-primary commercial service airport (between 2,500 and 10,000 enplanements per year).
Facilities and aircraft
Ralph M. Calhoun Memorial Airport covers an area of 1,650 acres (668 ha) at an elevation of 236 feet (72 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 7/25 with a gravel surface measuring 4,400 by 150 feet (1,341 x 46 m).
Airlines and destinations
The following airlines offer scheduled passenger service at this airport:
|Arctic Circle Air||Fairbanks |
|Warbelow's Air Ventures||Fairbanks|
|Wright Air Service||Fairbanks, Hughes, Huslia |
- FAA Airport Master Record for TAL ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective April 5, 2012.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009. External link in
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011. External link in
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. External link in
- "Fairbanks Schedule". Arctic Circle Air. April 24, 2006.
- Summer 2014 Schedule, warbelows, http://www.warbelows.com/scheduledservice/
- "Flight Schedule". Wright Air Service. Retrieved June 15, 2012.
- Topographic map from USGS The National Map
- FAA Alaska airport diagram (GIF)
- FAA Terminal Procedures for TAL, effective May 25, 2017
- Resources for this airport: