|Years of service||1989–|
1st (UK) Armoured Division|
38th (Irish) Brigade
2nd Battalion, Royal Anglian Regiment
War in Afghanistan
Commander of the Order of the British Empire|
Educated at Denstone College and University College London, Wooddisse was commissioned into the Royal Anglian Regiment on 3 September 1989. After serving as a company commander in Iraq during the Iraq War, he became commanding officer of the 2nd Battalion, the Royal Anglian Regiment in March 2009. He went on to be Assistant Head, Military Strategic Plans at the Ministry of Defence in May 2012, commander of 38th (Irish) Brigade in November 2013 and General Officer Commanding 1st (United Kingdom) Division in May 2017.
- "Colonel RW Wooddisse MBE, MC" (PDF). International Symposium on Military Operational Research. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- "No. 51927". The London Gazette (Supplement). 6 November 1989. p. 12817.
- "Army Commands" (PDF). Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- "No. 61930". The London Gazette (Supplement). 15 May 2017. p. 9902.
- "No. 61962". The London Gazette (Supplement). 17 June 2017. p. B6.
| General Officer Commanding the 1st (United Kingdom) Division