Ram Mohan P
|Ram Mohan P|
|Born||Ram Mohan Paruvu
May 21, 1969
|Residence||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Other names||Ram Mohan|
|Known for||Telugu Films|
|Notable work||Uyyala Jampala (2013)|
Ram Mohan Paruvu (born May 21, 1969) is an Indian film screenwriter, and producer known for his works in Telugu cinema. He owns the production house Sunshine Cinemas, currently operating out of Hyderabad.
Ram Mohan was born into a Telugu speaking family from Amalapuram, Andhra Pradesh. He produced Ashta Chamma and Golconda High School under his production company Art Beat Capital and later he started producing films under Sunshine Cinemas, a Telugu movie production company established in April, 2012.
Sunshine Cinemas is Ram Mohan P's production house set to focus on commercial films with family viewing sensibilities. Currently operating out of Hyderabad and in the Telugu language domain, they choose to work with upcoming directors, writers and actors. Centered on storytelling as their core, they provide support to young crews at all stages, taking films into production and distribution through strategic alliances with leading players. The first film under the Sunshine Cinemas banner is Ram's 2013 film Uyyala Jampala.
- Ashta Chamma (2008)
- Golconda High School (2011)
- Uyyala Jampala (2013) (as writer)
- Thanu Nenu (2015)
- Soggade Chinni Nayana (2016)
Sify stated of Ashta Chamma, that it was a "complete family entertainer" inspired from the works of Oscar Wilde and that it "is fun to watch due to the cute subject". They expanded that it was a "completely dialogue-based comedy coupled with good performances, music, and lyrics, keeping audience through the twists nevertheless. The first half is more enjoyable than the second half that has numerous twists." Concurring, GreatAndhra wrote that the film's theme was silly, but dealt with hilariously. The film's music received special mention, in that with the song Aadinchi Astachemma Odinchavamma "composition and lyrical value is interesting and captivating", and the song Hello Antoo Pilichi was "purposefully taken in old style."
Of Uyyala Jampala, the The Deccan Chronicle wrote that while "a predictable love story" it was "narrated well." Both written and produced by Ram Mohan P, it was stated that the film "is an earnest love story without unnecessary embellishments. There are no big action scenes, no vulgar dialogues, no unpredictable twists and turns; the story, told in flashback, unfolds simply." It was concluded "All in all, the movie impresses despite having a predictable plot with good dialogues, a reasonable length — thanks to clever editing — and amazing cinematography. A much better fare than your staple masala flick – go for it." The Hindu made note that for a low-budget film it compared well with large-budget efforts, and released during the Christmas season, it resonated well with viewers, and International Business Times shared numerous positive reviews of the film and wrote that overall it was a "breezy love story worth watching".
His brother Harimohan Paruvu is an English writer.
Awards & nominations
- 2014, 'Best Film' nomination by Telugu Film Industry's Filmfare Awards South for Uyyala Jampala (2013).
- staff. "Ram Mohan P". Tollywood Times. Retrieved October 18, 2015.
- staff (September 5, 2008). "review: Ashta Chamma". Sify. Retrieved October 17, 2015.
- Sri, Sira (September 5, 2008). "'Asta Chemma' Review: Silly Theme But Dealt Hilariously". Great Andhra. Retrieved October 17, 2015.
- Rajamani, Radhika (January 17, 2011). "Review: 'Golconda High School'". Rediff Movies. Retrieved October 17, 2015.
- staff (January 15, 2011). "Golconda High School Movie Review - Inspirational movie". India Glitz. Retrieved October 20, 2015.
- Kavirayani, Suresh (December 27, 2013). "'Uyyala Jampala' Review: A predictable love story narrated well". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved October 17, 2015.
- Krishnamoorthy, Suresh (December 28, 2013). "‘Uyyala Jampala’ strikes a chord with audience". The Hindu. Retrieved October 21, 2015.
- Seshagiri, Sangeetha (December 25, 2013). "'Uyyala Jampala' Review Roundup: Breezy Love Story Worth Watching". International Business Times. Retrieved October 20, 2015.