Ramnarayan Rawat (also spelled Ram Narayan Rawat and Ram Rawat) is a professor at the University of Delaware and a historian of the Indian subcontinent and has also had appointments at the University of Pennsylvania (as a postdoctoral scholar) and University of Washington. He received his B.A. and Ph.D. from the University of Delhi. He has conducted research on the Chamar caste in India, and displayed that their work centered on agriculture and not tanning as previously thought. His work was banned in parts of India for some time due to usage of the word "Chamar."
- Ramnarayan Rawat - University of Delaware
- Ramnarayan S. Rawat Center for the Advanced Study of India (Penn)
- New view of 'untouchables' UDel Daily - September 29, 2011
- Aspirations of Chamars in North India The Hindu - February 20, 2012
- When a community can be called names, and when it cannot Indian Express - July 21, 2011
|This biographical article about an Indian historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|