|Born||1956/1957 (age 64–65)|
|Alma mater||Loyola College, Chennai|
University of Madras
Kavitark Ram Shriram (born 1956/57) is an Indian-American billionaire businessman. He is a founding board member and one of the first investors in Google. He was earlier employed by Amazon, working for Jeff Bezos. Shriram came to Amazon.com in August 1998, when the company acquired Junglee, an online comparison shopping firm of which Shriram was president. Before Junglee and Amazon, Shriram was a member of the Netscape executive team, joining them in 1994, before they shipped products or posted revenue. In 2014, the Shrirams donated $61M to the newly established Stanford School of Bioengineering. In 2020, Ram Shriram was selected for the Ellis Island medal of honor. According to Forbes, as of September 2020, his net worth was $2.3 billion.
He is a founding board member of Google and 7 (24/7 Customer). Shriram is an investor in a global mobile ad network, InMobi, and Protocol Labs, which founded the open-source public cryptocurrency Filecoin. He is also on the board of directors of Alphabet (Google), Paperless Post, Yubico, Abacus.AI, Antheia, GoForward, and EasyPost.
Shriram is married and has 2 daughters.
- "Forbes profile: Kavitark Ram Shriram". Forbes. Retrieved 3 October 2019.
- "Future of Internet is bright in India". NDTV. Archived from the original on 14 May 2008. Retrieved 4 June 2008.
- "2 Indians in Forbes' richest Americans list". rediff. Retrieved 4 June 2008.
- Stanford, © Stanford University; Notice, California 94305 Copyright Complaints Trademark (9 June 2014). "Bioengineering and chemical engineering building at Stanford named for gifts from Ram and Vijay Shriram". Stanford University. Retrieved 8 February 2021.
- Reporter, India-West Staff. "Prominent Indian Americans Ram Shriram, Chandrika Tandon Named Ellis Island Medal Recipients". India West. Retrieved 8 February 2021.
- www.forbes.com https://www.forbes.com/forbes-400/. Retrieved 28 September 2020. Missing or empty
- "ALPHABET INC. - DEF 14 A". www.sec.gov.
- "Welcome | Sherpalo Ventures". www.sherpalo.com.