|Born||1956/1957 (age 63–64)|
|Alma mater||Loyola College, Chennai|
University of Madras
|Net worth||$2.2 billion (October 2019)|
Kavitark Ram Shriram (born 1956/57) is an American billionaire businessman. He is a founding board member and one of the first investors in Google. He earlier served as an officer of Amazon.com working for Jeff Bezos. Shriram came to Amazon.com in August, 1998, when Amazon acquired Junglee, an online comparison shopping firm of which Shriram was president. Before Junglee and Amazon, Shriram was a member of the Netscape executive team, joining them in 1994, before they shipped products or posted revenue. According to Forbes, as of October 2019, his net worth in $2.2 billion.
He is a founding board member of Google and 7 (24/7 Customer). Shriram is also an investor in a global mobile ad network, InMobi, Search bid management tool Campanja and previously mKhoj. Shriram serves on the boards of Google, Paperless Post, Yubico and Zazzle. He at one time owned 3.4 million shares of Google. As of September 2007, Shriram owned 1.7 million shares of Google.
Shriram is married and has 2 daughters.
- "Forbes profile: Kavitark Ram Shriram". Forbes. Retrieved 3 October 2019.
- "Future of Internet is bright in India". NDTV. Archived from the original on 14 May 2008. Retrieved 4 June 2008.
- "2 Indians in Forbes' richest Americans list". rediff. Retrieved 4 June 2008.
- "ALPHABET INC. - DEF 14 A". www.sec.gov.
- "Ram Shriram or Kavitark Ram Shriram". Retrieved 18 July 2011.
- "Welcome | Sherpalo Ventures". www.sherpalo.com.