|Wyndham Hotels and Resorts|
|Founded||July 8, 2006|
|Headquarters||Orlando, Florida, U.S.|
|Products||timeshare, vacation rentals, resorts|
|Revenue||US$4.043 billion (2019)|
|US$812 million (2019)|
|US$507 million (2019)|
Number of employees
WorldMark by Wyndham
|Footnotes / references|
Wyndham Destinations (formerly Wyndham Hotels and Resorts) is an American timeshare company. Wyndham Destinations, headquartered in Orlando, Florida, operates several hotel brands around the world. It is the holding company for RCI and other lodging brands. It was spun off from Cendant Corporation in July 2006. On June 1, 2018, Wyndham Worldwide spun-off Wyndham Hotels and Resorts as its own company, and renamed their organization to Wyndham Destinations.
Wyndham Vacation Clubs
Wyndham Vacation Clubs, headquartered in Orlando, Florida, is the largest vacation ownership program in the world. It includes a network of 230 properties, 25,000 individual units, and over 880,000 property owners. Locations are in North America, the Caribbean, and the South Pacific. Wyndham Vacation Clubs includes marketing and sales of vacation ownership interests, consumer financing in conjunction with the purchase of vacation ownership interests, property management services to property owners' associations, and development and acquisition of vacation ownership resorts.
Wyndham Vacation Clubs brands
RCI Exchanges was created when Wyndham Destinations was established in 2018. RCI Exchanges operates the businesses formerly part of Wyndham Destination Network. Wyndham Exchange and Rentals officially changed its name to Wyndham Destination Network on January 1, 2016, and formerly operated over 110,000 vacation properties worldwide in more than 100 countries. On May 9, 2018, Wyndham Worldwide Corporation completed an agreement to sell its European vacation rental business, which included cottages.com, hoseasons, James Villa Holidays, Landal GreenParks, Novasol, and several others to Platinum Equity for around $1.3 billion Wyndham Destinations sold its North American Vacation Rental business and associated brands to Vacasa in July 2019.
RCI Exchanges brands
- The Registry Collection
- DAE (dial an exchange)
- Love Home Swap
- Armed Forces Vacation Club
Wyndham has been the focus of several investigations regarding their sales practices. Most recently, in Pennsylvania . The Real Estate Commission for Pennsylvania fined Wyndham and their broker at their Shawnee-on-Delaware location, Craig Roberts, a total of $15,000. Eight months earlier, Wyndham settled similar allegations in Wisconsin paying $655,000 in restitution to 29 consumers.
- "Wyndham Worldwide Completes Spin-off of Wyndham Hotels & Resorts; Becomes Wyndham Destinations." CNBC. Retrieved on June 20, 2018.
- "Wyndham Destinations Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2019 Results" (PDF). Wyndham Destinations. February 2020.
- "Wyndham Worldwide Corporation". Google Finance. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- "Wyndham Worldwide: At a Glance". Wyndham Worldwide. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- "Contact Us." Wyndham Destinations. Retrieved on August 3, 2009.
- "Wyndham Worldwide: Company Profile". Wyndham Destinations. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- "Wyndham Worldwide Completes Spin-Off Of Wyndham Hotels & Resorts; Becomes Wyndham Destinations" (Press release). June 1, 2018. Retrieved 2018-12-31.
- "Wyndham Timeshares". VacationOwnership.com. Retrieved December 25, 2014.
- "Wyndham Destinations: Form 10-K" (PDF). Wyndham Destinations. Retrieved 2020-02-25.
- "Wyndham Extra Holidays".
- "Wyndham Exchange and Rentals". Wyndham Destinations. Retrieved 20 November 2015.
- Corporation, Wyndham Worldwide. "Wyndham Worldwide Announces Completion of its Sale of its European Vacation Rentals Business". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2019-02-19.
- Inc, Wyndham Destinations. "Vacasa Signs Agreement with Wyndham Destinations to Acquire Wyndham Vacation Rentals". www.wyndhamdestinations.com. Retrieved 2019-07-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wyndham Worldwide.|
- Business data for Wyndham Destinations: