Ramagundam railway station
|Indian railway station|
|Location||Ramagundam, Peddapalli district, Telangana|
|Elevation||170 metres (560 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||South Central Railways|
|Structure type||At ground|
|Zone(s)||South Central Railway zone|
|Division(s)||Secunderabad railway division|
Ramagundam railway station (station code:RDM) Ramagundam railway station is the busiest station in Kazipet-Balharshah section of Secunderabad division, and it is located in Peddapalli district of Telangana. The station is well connected by rail to all parts of India. Ninety-seven trains arrive at, or depart from, the station daily, transporting over eighteen thousand (18,000) passengers daily to their destinations across the country, and also serves Ramagundam, Godavarikhani areas. It is under the jurisdiction of Secunderabad railway division of South Central Railway.
With the completion of the Kazipet-Balharshah link in 1929, Chennai was directly linked to Delhi. Mainly this station surroundings has urban population passengers crowd is huge to this station with surrounding towns are Godavarikhani, Manthani, and Peddapalli. It is known as the "Grandtrunk line". Mostly this station have maximum train halts passing through this main line.[clarification needed]
The Balharshah-Ramagundam sector in 1987–88 was electrified. This station is famous for MGR (Merry go round) system i.e., goods or coal carriage trains continuously runs and overhauls at this station and it has a coach maintenance depot [RDM].
A new 201.04 kilometres (124.92 mi) railway line has been approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs between Balharshah and Kazipet.[when?] The new line is extremely useful from goods loading point of view with FCI at Jammikunta, Kesoram Cement at Raghavapuram, Thermal Power Stations and SCCL at Ramagundam in Telangana, and Cement Chandrapur in Maharashtra. This will facilitate both the passenger traffic and goods movement that include cement, coal and food.
- "Station Code Index" (PDF). Portal of Indian Railways. 2015. p. 46. Retrieved 29 April 2019.
- "Jurisdiction Map of Secunderabad Division". South Central Railway. Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- "IR History: Early Days – III". Chronology of railways in India, Part 3 (1900–1947). Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- "Cabinet approves construction of third line between Ballarshah-Kazipet". Business Standard. 24 August 2016. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- "New rail line between Kazipet and Ballarshah". The Times of India. Hyderabad. 25 August 2016. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- "What Telangana sought but did not get". The Hindu. 27 February 2015. Retrieved 16 February 2018.
- "TS Govt keeps Railways waiting on joint venture". The Hindu. 8 May 2015. Retrieved 16 February 2018.
- "RDM/Ramagundam (3 PFs) Railway Station – Today's Train Departure Timings – India Rail Info – A Busy Junction for Travellers & Rail Enthusiasts". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
|This article about a railway station in the Indian state of Telangana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|