Homeo Road, Ramanattukara
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||KL 11|
As of 2001[update] India census, Ramanattukara had a population of 30,436. Males constitute 49% of the population and females 51%. Ramanattukara has an average literacy rate of 83%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 85%, and female literacy is 80%. In Ramanattukara, 12% of the population is under 6 years of age.
The name came from "Raman anda kara" the place where rama stepped.
Ramanattukara is situated 16 km south of Calicut city. Its location on the intersection of National Highway 17 and National Highway 213 had already given its economy a boost. This town also benefited when the Calicut International Airport came up, as this town is located on the Airport Road. To top it up, now the NH bypass for Calicut city starts from here.
The nearest railhead to Ramanattukara is Feroke (5 km) and the nearest airport is Calicut International Airport (10 km).
This town acts as a commercial center for the nearby smaller villages and towns. As is the case with any other Indian city, Calicut is also experiencing rapid growth. And the city limits have expanded almost up to Ramanattukara now. So new-age buildings for malls, hotels, restaurants are becoming a common sight here. The distance in between Ramanattukara and Vazhayoor is 8 km.
Homeo Road and Krishi Bhavan Road are two parallel roads originating from Ramanattukara bus station. Both these mud roads attract many joggers in the mornings and evenings as they are flanked by green paddy fields, banana groves and coconut plantations.
Suburbs of Ramanattukara
- Perumugham and Pullikkadavu
- Chelembra, Puthukode, Irumooliparamba and Karad
- Kottupadam, Kakkov, Channayilpalliyali and Akode
- Virippad, Oorkkadavu and Korappadam
- Mundumuzhi, Vazhakkad and Valillappuzha
- Chelari, Kuriyadam and Aikarappady
- Arulippuram, Vaidyarangadi and Pulikkal
- Adivaram, Kuttoolangadi and Koshavarangadi
- EranhikkalRoad, KrishiBhavan, Muttumkunnu and Kokkivalavu
- Kunnampallynagar, Madamthodi and Shanthinagar
- ManthriRoad, HomeoRoad, Poovannurpally and Ette-nalu
Ayikkarappadi is the eastern part of Ramanattukara on the Manjeri Road. Padinonnam Mile, Kaithakkunda, and Kuriyodam are part of this area.
- Airport Road, Kozhikode
- Kadalundi Bird Sanctuary
- Farook College
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ramanattukara.|
- Ramanattukara travel guide from Wikivoyage