Homeo Road, Ramanattukara
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||KL 11|
As of 2001[update] India census, Ramanattukara had a population of 30,436. Males constitute 49% of the population and females 51%. Ramanattukara has an average literacy rate of 83%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 85%, and female literacy is 80%. In Ramanattukara, 12% of the population is under 6 years of age.
The name came from "Raman anda kara" the place where rama stepped.
blessed with vast land of agriculture. Ramanattukara is a very beautiful place, a village by heart and business town in becoming. Ramanattukara is a small yet bustling village-town situated 16 km south of Calicut city. Its location on the intersection of National Highway 17 and National Highway 213 had already given its economy a boost. This town also benefited when the Calicut International Airport came up, as this town is located on the Airport Road. To top it up, now the NH bypass for Calicut city starts from here.The 1st IT Park in North Kerala & 3rd in Kerala is just 20 km away. This has, again, added to the importance of this town.
The nearest railhead to Ramanattukara is Feroke (5 km) and the nearest airport is Calicut International Airport (10 km).
This town acts as a commercial center for the nearby smaller villages and towns. As is the case with any other Indian city, Calicut is also experiencing rapid growth. And the city limits have expanded almost up to Ramanattukara now. So new-age buildings for malls, hotels, restaurants are becoming a common sight here. The distance in between Ramanattukara and Vazhayoor is 8 km. Also this town is growing very fast as many shopping malls, a 5-star hotel named "KADAVU RESORT" came here.This 5 star hotel is only 2.5 kilometers away from this town. Ramanattukara acts as a major town in the land routes such as Thrissur to Calicut, Trivandrum to Calicut, Manjeri to Calicut and finally Coimbatore to Calicut. The nearest Luxury hotel is Park Residency. It is a three star hotel. IT company infiyo also located in Ramanatukara. Ramanatukara is rapidly expanding and new companies are trying to comes there.
- Kadalundy Bird Sanctuary, 9 km
- Chaliyam beach, 9 km
- Beypore Port, 9 km
- Homeo Road to Kuttoolangady, 1 km
- Commonwealth Tile Factory, 2 km
- University of Calicut, 7 km
- Farook College, 3 km
- Alfarook College, 3 km
- Kinfra Industrial Park, 5 km
Suburbs of Ramanattukara
- Perumugham and Pullikkadavu
- Chelembra, Puthukode, Irumooliparamba and Karad
- Kottupadam, Kakkov, Channayilpalliyali and Akode
- Virippad, Oorkkadavu and Korappadam
- Mundumuzhi, Vazhakkad and Valillappuzha
- Chelari, Kuriyadam and Aikarappady
- Arulippuram, Vaidyarangadi and Pulikkal
- Adivaram, Kuttoolangadi and Koshavarangadi
- EranhikkalRoad, KrishiBhavan, Muttumkunnu and Kokkivalavu
- Kunnampallynagar, Madamthodi and Shanthi Nagar
- ManthriRoad, HomeoRoad, Poovannurpally and Ette-nalu
Ayikkarappadi is the eastern part of Ramanattukara on the Manjeri Road. Padinonnam Mile, Kaithakkunda, and Kuriyodam are part of this area.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- infiyo locations
- Airport Road, Kozhikode
- Kadalundi Bird Sanctuary
- Farook College
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ramanattukara.|
- Ramanattukara travel guide from Wikivoyage