L&T Infotech,on Mount-Poonamallee Road, Ramapuram
|• Type||Ward attached to the Corporation of Chennai|
|Elevation||9 m (30 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||TN 10|
Ramapuram is a neighbourhood in the western part of Chennai, India. It is situated on the Mount-Poonamallee Road at a distance of 3 kilometres from Guindy. Ramapuram forms a part of Maduravoyal taluk, Chennai district.
Ramapuram is part of ward number 155 of the Greater Chennai Corporation. The former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, Dr. M.G.Ramachandran's residence was in Ramapuram. The place known as "MGR Gardens" now houses the Dr. M. G. R. Home and Higher Secondary School for the Speech and Hearing Impaired.
Ramapuram is also famous for Arasamaram Temple which was nearly 100 years old and Lakshmi Narasimha Perumal Temple (Lakshmi Narasimhan idol is approximately 2000 years old). The neighbourhood is surrounded by big hospitals like MIOT, SRM & Large organizations like L&T Infotech, IBHYA, and DLF IT PARK are also located in Ramapuram. Educational institutes include SRM University and SRM Easwari Engineering college, which is also located in the SRM campus and is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai.
- From Broadway to Ramapuram 18E,88K
- From T.Nagar 49R TO RAMAPURAM
- From Mogalivakkam to Broadway via Ramapuram, Vadapalani 26R, S21 Ramapuram(miot)to porur via arasamaram, puthapedu, S26 ashok pillar to valasaravakkam via kasi theatre, mgr nagar, arasamaram , S20 Ramapuram (miot) to ashok pillar via royala nagar, nesapakkam, kk nagar bus stand.
Nearest Railway station : Guindy (5 km)
- From Guindy Railway Station To Ramapuram, Share autos are also available.
As of 2001[update] India census, Ramapuram had a population of 35,251. Males constitute 47% of the population and females 53%. Ramapuram has an average literacy rate of 71%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 82%, and female literacy is 61%. In Ramapuram, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Places of Worship
- Kalasathamman Temple
- Nagathamman tmple
- Lakshmi Narashima Perumal temple is one of the oldest temple in Ramapuram. It was around 600 to 700 years old.
- Amrita Vidyalam, CBSE School
- Dr.Vimala Convent, Stateboard School
- Vimala Vidyalaya, CBSE School
- Koilpillai Matriculation School
- Sri Chaitnya School
SRM Dental college is located here along with SRM general hospital. MIOT hospitals, an iconic healthcare provider in India is located here Balaji Clinic, an expert medical place for Children (opp to Cafe Cafe Day) 300 meters from arasamaram junction.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ramapuram.|
|This article related to a location in Tiruvallur district, Tamil Nadu, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|