|Quarter||1st Quarter of Tel Aviv|
|• Total||2.321 km2 (0.896 sq mi)|
|• Density||3,500/km2 (9,100/sq mi)|
In January 2011 it was published that remains of a building, believed to be 7,800–8,400 years old, were discovered in an archaeological excavation carried out in 8 Fichman Street in Ramat Aviv, by the Israel Antiquities Authority. The findings attest to permanent habitation on the northern bank of the Yarkon River.
Streets, boundaries, and transit
Ramat Aviv is bordered by Einstein Street in the north, Chaim Levanon Street to the east and south, and Namir Road in the west. The main streets in the neighborhood are Brodetzki and Reading. These five arterials are served by several bus lines each.
Other neighborhoods of Tel Aviv with Ramat Aviv in the name
- Ramat Aviv Bet, usually referred to as Neve Avivim – north of Ramat Aviv Alef
- Ramat Aviv Gimel – to the north of Neve Avivim. Famous setting for the soap opera Ramat Aviv Gimel(soap opera - Hebrew Wikipedia).
- Ramat Aviv HaHadasha (New Ramat Aviv) – to the west of Neve Avivim
- "Tel Aviv Municipality - Quarters Statistics". Tel Aviv-Yafo Municipality. 2013. Retrieved 2018-12-19.
- "Tel Aviv Municipality - Quarters Statistics". Tel Aviv-Yafo Municipality. December 2012. Retrieved 2018-12-19.
- "Tel Aviv Municipality - Quarters Statistics". Tel Aviv-Yafo Municipality. December 2008. Retrieved 2018-12-19.
- Homes fit for a prime minister: From Ben Gurion's shack to Netanyahu's compound
- "תל-אביב בת 100? נסו 8,000".
- Archeologists discover 8,000-year-old building in Tel Aviv, Haaretz