|Founded by||Youth group from Wizna|
Ramat HaKovesh (Hebrew: רָמַת הַכּוֹבֵשׁ, lit. Conqueror's Hill) is a kibbutz in central Israel. Located approximately 7 kilometers north of Kfar Saba, it falls under the jurisdiction of the Drom HaSharon Regional Council. In 2015 it had a population of 1,049.
The kibbutz was founded by Zionist youth from the Hashomer Hatzair and HeHalutz movements, including Jews from Wizna. A Vishnivean group of the HeHalutz movement immigrated to Mandate Palestine in 1926. They formed the nucleus of kibbutz "HaKovesh", which was initially camped near the settlement (now town) of Petah Tikva. In 1936, a parcel of land was purchased from an Arab family in an area surrounded by three Arab villages. The pioneers settled on this land, but suffered from ongoing sniping and acts of violence until the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948.
On 16 November 1943, the British military searched the kibbutz for arms on the pretext of searching for deserters from the Polish Army, which was then stationed in Palestine. The kibbutz members resisted and a violent confrontation ensued. One kibbutz member, Shmuel Wolynetz, was killed, 14 were wounded, and the British arrested 35.
In November 1945, following a series of country wide operations launched by the Haganah a Palestine Police party with police dogs were prevented from entering the kibbutz. The police party received orders from Jerusalem to withdraw and it became a no-go area for British forces.
The kibbutz owns and operates Duram Rubber Products Company, a manufacturer of technical rubber products. Duram Mask A.C. Ltd., a subsidiary. manufactures the Duram Escape Mask, special emergency escape masks for personal use in situations of smoke, fire, chemical spill or chemical/biological terror attack. As well as agricultural produce, Ramat HaKovesh also has a small chicken barn and a refet (dairy).
Kibbutz Ramat Hakovesh operates a wedding and banquet hall, Pekan Garden.
PowerCom, a company based in Ramat Hakovesh, produces a remote monitoring system that collects data from solar systems and sends information to an online server that can be accessed from computers anywhere in the world.
- "List of localities, in Alphabetical order" (PDF). Israel Central Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 16 October 2016.
- Back to Vishnive 1929 The Shtetl and I
- Chicken pluckers in the promised land, Bloomberg Business
- Decision on Palestine Deferred: America, Britain and Wartime Diplomacy, Monty Noam Penkower
- "מעשה התעללות בישוב העברי - התנפלות המשטרה על רמת הכובש". Davar. 28 November 1943.
- Learsi, Rufus. Fulfillment - The Epic Story of Zionism. Read Books:2007. p.333
- Horne, Edward (1982). A Job Well Done (Being a History of The Palestine Police Force 1920 - 1948). The Anchor Press. ISBN 0-9508367-0-2. Page 290.
- Mask, Ltd
- Pekan Garden
- Sustainable Development
- Sara Levi-Tanai Jewish Women's Archive
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ramat HaKovesh.|