|• Total||3.30 km2 (1.27 sq mi)|
|Elevation||18 m (59 ft)|
|• Density||6,700/km2 (17,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Ramavarappadu is a neighbourhood of Vijayawada in Krishna district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is located in Vijayawada (rural) mandal of Vijayawada revenue division. As per the G.O. No. M.S.104 (dated:23-03-2017), Municipal Administration and Urban Development Department, it became a part of Vijayawada metropolitan area.
As of 2011[update] Census of India, the town had a population of 22,222. The total population constitute, 11,092 males, 11,130 females and 2,316 children, in the age group of 0–6 years. The average literacy rate stands at 81.02% with 16,127 literates, significantly higher than the national average of 73.00%.
Ramavarappadu lies on National Highway 16. APSRTC runs buses from Vijayawada bus station. Ramavarappadu railway station serves as a satellite railway station to Vijayawada. It is located on Vijayawada-Gudivada section of South Central Railway zone.
- "District Census Handbook - Guntur" (PDF). Census of India. p. 17,48. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- Reporter, Staff. "Vijayawada, 19 other contiguous areas notified as Metropolitan Area". The Hindu. Retrieved 27 March 2017.
- "Welcome to Government Order Issue Register". goir.ap.gov.in. Retrieved 27 March 2017.
- "Chapter–3 (Literates and Literacy rate)" (PDF). Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- "Train services to be partially affected for nine days". The Hindu. Retrieved 20 April 2017.
- "School Education Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education – Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Archived from the original on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.