Özcan playing for Austria in 2016
|Date of birth||28 June 1984|
|Place of birth||Hohenems, Austria|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|2006–2007||Red Bull Salzburg||2||(0)|
|2007||Red Bull Salzburg II||8||(0)|
|2008||→ 1899 Hoffenheim (loan)||17||(0)|
|2010||→ Beşiktaş (loan)||0||(0)|
|2011–2016||FC Ingolstadt 04||147||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23:10, 15 May 2016 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 14:30, 18 November 2015 (UTC)
Özcan started his professional career with Austria Lustenau in 2003 and moved to Red Bull Salzburg in the summer of 2006. He spent one season and a half with Salzburg as the club's third-choice goalkeeper and only made two Bundesliga appearances in the final stages of the 2006–07 season.
He moved to German 2. Bundesliga side 1899 Hoffenheim in the winter break of the 2007–08 season on an initial six-month loan and played all seventeen league games in the second half of the season as the club secured promotion to the Bundesliga. In these seventeen games, he only conceded thirteen goals. He was signed by the club on a three-year contract upon the end of the season, but on 30 December 2009 he left Germany to sign on loan for Beşiktaş.
Following Helge Payer's withdrawal due to illness, Özcan was named to Austria's 23-man squad for the UEFA Euro 2008 finals, but did not play any matches during the tournament. He made his international debut in a friendly match against Italy on 20 August 2008, replacing Alex Manninger at half-time. The match ended in a 2–2 draw.
Özcan also holds Turkish citizenship.
- Standard Austrian pronunciation. Standard Northern German pronunciation: [ˈʁamazan ˈʔøːsdʒan].
- "Ramazan Ozcan". Sky Sports. Archived from the original on 11 November 2009. Retrieved 20 July 2009.
- "Ozcan Joins Besiktas". Perlomental. 29 December 2009. Archived from the original on 16 July 2011. Retrieved 29 December 2008.
- "Özcan-Wechsel zu Besiktas perfekt" (in German). N24. Retrieved 29 August 2010.
- "Shock diagnosis ends Payer's dream". UEFA. 27 May 2008. Retrieved 30 December 2008.
- "RAMAZAN ÖZCAN - Player Details TFF". TFF.org. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ramazan Özcan.|